The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few Questions

NeoFuture

Hi Guys

i just bought me an NA 1993 in red which is completely untouched by chavs, anyway few questions if you can help me

1) whats "over drive"

2) whats the "L" for on the transmission

3) whats the "manu" button for

whats the most cost effective way to add some more BHP, im on a tight budget and really new to this (Sold my Smart Roadster to buy the supra)

Thanks in advance

NeoFuture (The Noob)

Over drive will drop the car if in 4th to 3rd and will not changed the box back up (hold it in gear)

L is basically first gear

Manu is for Manaul mode meaning you can manually shift the car (it won't change up until you move it up a gear) but you have to take it out of manual mode to engage 4th gear.

Hope this helps

It is worth using the search facility at the top as these questions have been answered many time before

and :welcome: to the club

The 'manu' button allows you to manually select the SEARCH button which, in turn, will help you to answer these questions.

Funny:d

But I think that you pink Supra owners should really stick together.

Hi NF, have fun on here

L is for low or first gear, Manu is to switch between full auto and manuel gear change (fun to play with), overdrive switches the gearing to a more sporty mode and gets rid of the cruising fouth gear.

The red button by the auto stick engages the flux capacitor.;)

yeah i googled just

"What does the MANU button near the gear lever do

MANU = Manual shift mode. When you are in manual mode, and you put the shifter in L, the tranny will stay in 1st gear, when you put the shifter in 2nd, the tranny will shift to 2nd gear (where when you are not in Manual mode, the car will still start from 1st... or remain in 1st depending on your speed), and when you put the shifter in D, the tranny will shift to 3rd. (but note that when the car is at complete stop, and the shifter is in D, and in manual mode, the car will still start from 2nd gear). Basically, if you use the manual mode, and shift manually, the car will shift a lot faster.... and thus the car will go a lot faster.

"

hehe, thanks

as for performance mods, i know how to remap roadsters but i know i cant to supras cause there is no ODBII will an ecu upgrade be benificial to me, also what other things should i do to increase performance.