The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Castle Combe Spring Action Day

attilauk

Saturday April 22nd

its basically a pay and play track day, you turn up and pay per 15 minute track session.

they hold around 4 a year and they are always brilliant fun, even if you dont go on track there is a huge variety of cars on track and there are loads of club stands to look around.

its too late to book a club stand now but it would be great to see some more Supras there, now i've sold mine i need someone else to fly the Supra flag and show everyone what a REAL car can do :D

Atilla,

How much is it per session, and what do you normally have to take with you (MOT, insurance, Helmet?).

BTW I am doing a Lancia Track day at Goodwood on Saturday :D , so could be interested in doing more of this if I get hooked!!

J

£30 a session normally but if you follow the link mr lover posted you can pre-book track time cheaper, you can hire a helmet on the day but if you have one it would be easier if you brought it, the other thing you should bring is the bung for your RSR they are very strict on their noise regs (100db @ 4500rpm taken 1/2 a metre from the exhaust) mine used to just fail without the bung (but was around 93db with it in)

believe me its great fun :D

do you think a decatted tt would be too loud?

if you've got a bung for your exhaust then you should be ok, the guys there will be happy to test your car to see if you pass before you buy any track time :)

they will even test your car before the event if you phone up and ask them :yes:

if you've got a bung for your exhaust then you should be ok, the guys there will be happy to test your car to see if you pass before you buy any track time :)

they will even test your car before the event if you phone up and ask them :yes:

i have no bung, but if they test before taking my money i'm there

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone elso go along to this? Saw 3 or 4 other mkivs there. The track action was non-stop but didn't see any real incidents to talk of - a few near misses and lots of spins though. Had a few nice Jap cars there, but nothing very impressive, other than a Gallardo. Here are some pics...

:looney:

cerbera.jpg

corvette.jpg

lambo.jpg

tuscan.jpg

accobra.jpg

Unfortunately I had to wait in all day Saturday :( waiting for a new passport to arrive, or I'd have been up there, probably just watching though. Was hoping it would arrive early morning, but nope - 5PM. Whole day wasted!! (at least I can go on holiday now though)

seems you had a good day.

J

do you think a decatted tt would be too loud?

I was there the day before (Friday 21st) they had a track day, my decatted tt was probably the quietest car there.

I wish I had known about the Spring Action Day before I booked though, I let my son drive too so instead of getting one session every hour I was doing 2! one with me driving and one sitting in with him. We were both cream cracker-ed by 3pm and cut the day short.

Not only that but some plonker in a Metro lost it on the corner just in front of me and ploughed into my nearside wing :(