The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm not posting from work. Why?

Ben-san

All ready to leave for work this morning, and as I reached for the keys to the supe, I found this. :blink:

Oh what I would do to the scum... they obviously went for the rear quarter first, thinking that they could reach round to the door handle. They then proceeded to lever off my driverside window :complain:, damaging the surround in the process :aggress:

Next, I think they popped the boot and ripped out the sub leaving the wiring hanging out and took my bag of tools which contained nothing of special value to them like some oem parts & polishes...

The police have been round to take a statement and the forensics are on their way :angrymod:

And all this in a secure underground car park, only mine and a civic was broken into, not that the several Carerras, M3s, SL500s, 4X4s, 350Zs, TTs, Coupes etc weren't tempting enough to break into. I've seen their faces on the CCTV and it makes me even angrier.

:giveup: Anyone have any experience with availability of rear quarter glass from a place like autoglass etc? I have a feeling it won't be easy to find and replace...

Le sigh.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Thats just horrible. The damage to the drivers side area looks similar to when mine was done, the black surround trim thats been bent was about £80 ish for an aerotop.

Hope you get it sorted out soon and police catch them.

feel for you mate' date=' just hope the police actually do something about it. Totally gutting.[/quote']

What do you mean by that. Turn over every stone knock on every door until the culprits are found?

Ben's already said they've been round and they're sending foreinsics, that's a darn site more than most forces give. If there's anything foreinsically then it'll be job done, but if they were wearing gloves or didn't leave any DNA then its pretty unsolvable despite the CCTV (about 1% of detections arise from CCTV).

Seems to me he's had a pretty good service so far.

What do you mean by that. Turn over every stone knock on every door until the culprits are found?

Ben's already said they've been round and they're sending foreinsics, that's a darn site more than most forces give. If there's anything foreinsically then it'll be job done, but if they were wearing gloves or didn't leave any DNA then its pretty unsolvable despite the CCTV (about 1% of detections arise from CCTV).

Seems to me he's had a pretty good service so far.

gutted for you m8. but as doug says thats a good service. when my other car got done they said the were to busy and would come round when they could by the time they turned up 2 days later i'd fixed the glass and replaced the stereo.:(

No offence dude (excuse the pun) but my housemate had his Lotus TT broken into outside my house. Called the police, but was told there was little they could do, but will try to get someone over soon. (that was 3 weeks ago). next day I was pulled for incorrect spaceing on my numberplate,I was in a hurry to pickup my son from primary school, although not speeding, Told the officer that, he then proceeded to spend the next 20 mins looking over my car.Pissed off to say the least!!

Doug, I am not anti police, infact if you google my surname you will see that my grandfather was the commissioner of the Met. Just makes my blood boil when they prioritise in this way.

Ben that sucks mate :( Hope you get it sorted out soon and the scum who did it get what's coming to them.

You'll be best off getting the new windows from Toyota, note there are 2 different colour tints so make sure you get the correct one. The quarter windows come with seals attached, I supply these for £79 each plus postage, but would need a few weeks to order so no good for you. Here are the parts numbers from the EPC.

Picture 1-1.png

Picture 2-1.png

That sucks, i feel for you man.It really angers me, i would be tempted to get the video footage and circulate it on the internet to all opther car forums i could find. I expect that would infringe the criminals human rights though :sly:.

what do the owners of the car park have to say about the matter ?

Perhaps you could persuade them to chip in as im sure bad publicity surrounding a supposed "secure" car park would affect their business ?

Keep your chin up

Thanks for the comments guys 'n' gals. I'm back upstairs now and about to get on the blower to Admiral and the ensuing horde of useless window companies.

Wandsworth police were great, and the CSI was a bit of a dish :love::slap: lol! They've also found the bag-o-stuff dumped somewhere and it's gone into 'property' for a looking over later.

Colsoop, the cost to the carpark would just come out of my service charge fee anyway, this one's residential so no one would benefit from me kicking up a storm. They've been concerned with the spacing under the bars for a while, so I reckon they'll put in better ones soon. Either that or I attach a live cable to every girder. Should be fun testing that.

Nic, thank you for the info, you're a star. Now I wonder if there are any in stock in the UK. It's looking like I'll be off the road for a while. Sigh. [Edit] The one that's broken is the left side, are the ones in that list (not the picture) for right side matey?

The surround is bent in three places too, so I'm going to have to replace that :( Can someone rescue me with a part number for that pretty please?

Right. Time to phone admiral. Wish me luck...

...Here are the parts numbers from the EPC.

Guys, can any of you enlighten me as to what the difference is between all the blue ones in this list? I know I need a blue quarterlight (from looking at the pile of glass on the floor :() but I'm thrown by the JZA-80.LB and JZA80.AET codes... :sos:

Picture 2-1.png