The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk bonnet with scoop

paul ashton

I'm getting my scoop and ancillaries back off my Fiesta mate who thankfully decided not to bother fitting it :)

That'll be for sale soon if anyone's interested?

I'd be interested in the scoop. Is it a replica one? Do you know if they are hard to fit? And price?

I'd be interested in the scoop. Is it a replica one? Do you know if they are hard to fit? And price?

Bought one on ebay for about $50 but only fibreglass mould,needs fitting painting etc so posted a thread on this site a couple of days ago and in the process of buying one of someone for #150,alot less hassle.

Bought one on ebay for about $50 but only fibreglass mould,needs fitting painting etc so posted a thread on this site a couple of days ago and in the process of buying one of someone for #150,alot less hassle.

Just waiting for a price from Carlos....if not alot of difference I think I will just order it off Nic along with a TRD spoiler....Cant wait.

Got a J-spec and am in the process of buying a bonnet with UK scoop.Very surprised at the amount of people getting rid of them for a 'cleaner look'.Am i alone on this one cos i think they look the b****ks.
Dude fitted UK scoop to my JSpec back in 2003. He did a thread on here showing the fitting of it. It might be of interest to any of you guys thinking about it : http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=13098

There is not much functional reason to retrofit the UK Scoop --- at least without the rest of the original air ducting.

If anything, it will disturb airflow over the bonnet and create in the bay a region of high pressure where there is meant to be none.

In my view the engine bay airflow is questionable to begin with, and I wouldn't want to disturb it further.

Much better would be to fit a vent, a bit after the radiator core. That should help far more (if you can tackle rainwater)

Dude fitted UK scoop to my JSpec back in 2003. He did a thread on here showing the fitting of it. It might be of interest to any of you guys thinking about it : http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=13098

In light of what JohnA says on the reply belows yours Jake, how you experienced any problems? How much did DUDE charge you if you dont mind me asking.......

In light of what JohnA says on the reply belows yours Jake, how you experienced any problems? How much did DUDE charge you if you dont mind me asking.......

I think John meant that just fitting a scoop without the ducting underneath (a la GRP copy), would not be a good idea. If you fitted a complete Toyota scoop assembly, with all the ducting underneath, then it will be the same as the UK spec bonnet, so will not cause any problems.

In light of what JohnA says on the reply belows yours Jake, how you experienced any problems?
It's been on over 2 years now. I haven't had any problems at all. John always sees the negative side of everything, ignore him ;) :D

How much did DUDE charge you if you dont mind me asking.......
£200 IIRC but that included painting it - they don't come ready painted.

Jake did your scoop come pre-painted from Toyota? I think they do
No mate, it was unpainted. It was a genuine Toyota item - in case that was the next question.

... John always sees the negative side of everything, ignore him ;) :D .

Ignore him indeed.

He's a killjoy, a parade rainmaker :D

Example: when facing mahoosive 19" wheels with rubber strips worth ££££ he only sees the easy damage from potholes and the knackered wheel bearings --- not the bling and the splendour.:search:

Stick him in your 'ignore' list, and live your life to the full:Pling:

You should start with the dildoes then, and move to the rest of the car.

Seriously, if I had a choice between the stock (fully ducted) scoop and a decent vent, the vent would win every time.

The underbonnet temps are simply horrific, ambient + 40C is the norm these days.