The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom External Air Temp gauge Design ?

Sharpie

I have removed my UK spec clock which, has the External air temp gauge for a AFR gauge. However, I used the external air temp EVERY day, to assist in dictating how my driving style should be for the conditions outside.

So, I want to be able to custom mount, the old gauge or mod it or re-build it or somehow use the existing sensor and wiring (which, shall be extended) to a new location in the car. Where, I don't know right now.

I thought of mounting it in spot where the 3 x buttons are under the radio but, don't think this will work. I only need the external air temp to be shown - not sure if the UK clock can be mod'd to only show the air temp from power up - today you have to press the button each time as by default, it shows the time.

I also thought of putting it in a pillar pod and build a custom gauge like the FJO AFR gauge shown below but, think the termination of the wiring block is too bulky ?

So, does anyone have any thoughts how I might achieve this ?

(I have tried a crappy Halfrauds £10 crap device for ext air temps....I should have known better!)

clock.JPG

fjo.jpg

panel.JPG

UK Clock open.JPG

UK Clock_ExTemp.JPG