The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's the difference? And.....

supraman.chris

nope the facelift lights are the same as regular jap spec lights i.e. no fogs but twin brake lights. The only difference is purely cosmetic in that the reflector is slightly different and the backing/surround is a nice modern grey instead of clear over black.

yes you can wire up one of the reverse lights or brake lights to become a fog light

Hmmmm! Well, that may be good to do when i take them appart to replace the orange indicator covers with the clear ones (changing bulbs obviously)?

Think it'l be trial by error unless theres anyone who has done this already with some technical knowhow?

I did the RH reverse light. This makes the car very much like most new cars are now - single reverse light on the left, and fog light on the right. Finding a red bulb is the hardest bit. I haven't looked properly 'cause I haven't looked at what the existing bulb is for a while. It's painted red at the mo and does the job.

Conversion was a peice of piss because my car is a uk spec and has the fog wire in the loom already, but it should be easy anyway.

The fog light conversion is well worth doing in my opinion. It took me hours to do though properly, as it involves getting a wire from the dash to the rear of the boot, then resistors, brackets and soldering left right and centre to make a nice clean job.

This conversion can be done on pre/post facelift btw.....

Get rid of any crappy looking bolt on fog lights.