The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Speed Challenge

Guest Richie

Would any of you like to attend the following event. It is open to all of you except Christian Doran as he beat me last time, only kidding m8. I am organising this event this year as a warm up to the TOTB. The day will consist of 1/4 miles and V-max at the end of a 2.1 mile runway. It is taking place at RAF Woodbridge on Sunday the 16th of March and costs £30 to run and £10 to spectate. The cost includes insurance, ambulance, timing gear, land lease toilets etc and there will also be food provided (burger, sausages, bacon etc). The timing gear is as used in F1 Tag Heuer accurate to 3DP. For more info contact myself or see http://www.sxoc.com or phone my mobile 07966396059. This event has previously had Magazine coverage (Banzai June/July 2002). If you are up for a caning from some Datsuns please come along. Norris's 715bhp evo 7 is making an appearance.

Please send cheques made payable to:-

Richard Beaumont

2 Chisnall Close

Hadleigh

Ipswich

Suffolk

IP76GB

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Terry S

Might be fun even if just to do some WOT mapping. Supposed to be going to a Christening that day, I'll try & make my excuses.

Not sure about Leon, he may be doing other things.

Guys we can make this a mini meet if you like, it's a nice big place to see some good machines.

If this one is half as good as the last(in Nov), then it will be blast!

Richie I must tell you again m8, that was a good set up and well organized event you pulled off there.

I hope you are running your car to it's potential this time and no holding back.....:eek:

Also are you restricting the number of cars running again, as I think you should. The amount running last session was pretty good, with possibly even a few more.

Anyway I will e mail you with my £££££££ soon...:flame Dev

Originally posted by Richie

Singles as you carry on up to 1.8 mile speed trap

Hey Richie, after 1.8 miles at WOT then 0.3 of a mile doesn't seem very long to stop, or am I just being a wusser here (even though I've got UK brakes).

Wasn't the last one 1.25 miles and stockish Supras were getting to about the 150MPH mark? Perhaps be getting 160-165 at 1.8 miles?

Steve you should be fine in the braking department there are bikes that have been upto 227mph on this runway and you know how sh1te bike brakes are. Supra pilot the car was only producing 408bhp last time due to an ineffieceint head but as we speak it has the engine out with a new race spec head going on. This along with the nos anti lag system I'm fitting should see it up to around 650bhp

Richie,

You 'bastard!'.....:twak:

M8 you better have that machine ready and running by then, it is by far probably the best example about, looking and now taking her to 600+..:eek:

I have got to see her run m8....

I am saying this as I had quite a couple of those cars myself(still got one) .......love them, always said they had a lot of potential......

see ya soon.....

Dom

:eek: Dam.......

Sorry to hear that Rich, that is tough!

Hey look on the bright side, at least now when you get her back, you will have the reassurance that she's been totally worked over proper......and ready for some action.....:flame Dev

Anyway m8, hope it's not to damaging on the wallet, take care and take it easy this time as she is one fine machine.

No helmets AFAIK. Last one was quite casual.....

It's just masive open space really, got to a twat to flip really:moo:

I paid on the day, but I reckon this time may be better in advance as it may have a bigger turnout.

And this time you know(will I know) what to expect, so it may be well worth it to pay asap.

Dom