The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help for Exporting

Guest McMsk

Guest McMsk

Hi Guys,

I live in germany, but I actually am english. I just figured out, that MKIVs are a lot cheaper in England, than in Germany. Has anyone of you got any experience with selling an MKIV to be exported? What necessaey paper work needs taking care of? Any other kind of things to watch out for? In our family by the way we already have an MKIII and an MKIV but we would like another MKIV. By the way, in what way are the uk spec calipers different?

Thanks a lot

Mark

Hi Guys,

I live in germany, but I actually am english. I just figured out, that MKIVs are a lot cheaper in England, than in Germany. Has anyone of you got any experience with selling an MKIV to be exported? What necessaey paper work needs taking care of? Any other kind of things to watch out for? In our family by the way we already have an MKIII and an MKIV but we would like another MKIV. By the way, in what way are the uk spec calipers different?

Thanks a lot

Mark

You speak German ??

I live in germany

we already have an MKIII and an MKIV

in what way are the uk spec calipers different?

UK calipers are the same as European spec, if that's what you mean. They are 4 piston calipers on the front and 2 piston on the rear. As opposed to the Jap spec calipers which are 2 piston front and single piston rear. The discs are slightly larger on the Euro/UK spec brakes as well.

Guest McMsk

Hi Guys,

well as I have not done this, and it might involve quit a bit of money. So what kind of a form is it I need to fill out to export it, where do I get it from? Otherwise I should be able to buy the car, and just drive it home to Germany on the olds plates and then do all the further paper work once I am here. Right, and I need new lights. Also need to find some good inspection office to have them regsiter everything to the cars new papers, as tuning parts, are not realy allowed in Germany. But I have the advantage, that we already have one MKIV here and I can borrow for example a stock exhaust or suspension if neceassary. By the way to answer the question, yes I speak german.

Guest McMsk

Thats what might be more difficult, because they are strict about the parts installed on the car, especially, when a car comes to the country new, the look at literally everything on it, othwerwise I would go ahead and buy one that has a single turbo upgrade already. Has anyone done this bevore?