The mkiv Supra Owners Club

petrol

Guest rogersgti

Guest rogersgti

hi guys, im just looking into buying a supra and was wondering how much you spend on fuel amonth. the car will be taking me 2 work and home which is 10 miles each way. how many miles to a full tank driving at the speed limit and sensibley.

cheers paul

Guest rogersgti

im not that bothered its just i have a 106 gti on throttle bodies that gives me 194 to 39quid so a supra might be cheaper and more fun plus a better car

The N/A is like a COOL-looking Vauxhall Omega 3.0

{that's being brutally honest . . . we HAVE one ! ! ;) }

The TT is a true Supercar performance-wise.

The ONLY downsides to the TT are it takes a little more RESPECT

to drive/control in the wrong conditions (the N/A doesn't really)

AND it's SOOOOOOO much more of a drain on yer wallet...

...NOT due to normal running costs (tyres/petrol etc NOT much dearer

really) it's because you CAN increase it's performance so much easier,

and, sooner or later, you WILL ! ! !:)

However, given some more time, and a few more thousand, we probably

WILL get a TT again eventually......i'll just let me uvver arf hold onto

me wallet from then on ! ! ! ! :innocent:

FatS.

Guest rogersgti

yer tell me about it. ive can insure a tt uk spec one for 1250 or import 4 1800 and im only 21 and no no claims. my 106 cost me 1300 this year.

How much more fun the Supra is compared to a Pug. Not many Uk spec TT's around for sale now, you would be lucky to find one.

Insurance wise a UK TT is cheaper to insure than an import NA or import TT.

But you do need to treat a TT with respect or it will bite your ar*e off. :eyebrows:

Plus the extra running costs like what upgrade to buy next and how much more power can I get. :D

Good luck and :welcome:

Guest wackojacko

I've had my SZ (non turbo) for 7 days now, and although i had prepared myself for the fuel consumption, they do like a drink.

Buy a J-spec one and pay the extra insurance. It'll work out cheaper.......

Guest mike-telford
yer tell me about it. ive can insure a tt uk spec one for 1250 or import 4 1800 and im only 21 and no no claims. my 106 cost me 1300 this year.

what company is that with? i need a good qoute for myself :D

The N/A is like a COOL-looking Vauxhall Omega 3.0

{that's being brutally honest . . . we HAVE one ! ! ;) }

Hmmmmm !!!! me thinks you might get a little flamed for saying that ... im very proud of my N/A and dont take kindly to it being compared to a Vauxhall Omega lol ... it certainly doesnt get driven / treated like one

ta

n00b

:rlol: hand bags at dawn you 2! Steve has one too, im sure he didnt mean it in a bad way noobsocks! Hope you well btw bud!

Hey Pig... its going great ta :D ... (it was a little quiet tonight i thought things needed stiring a little) but come on he could have picked any other car make.... i drive on the motorway everyday and the worse offenders are vauxhall drivers....:eyebrows:

n00b

(drives a vauxhall :haha: (the shame!))

Guest rogersgti
what company is that with? i need a good qoute for myself :D

it was with admiral. i no they aint the best company in the world but my god there cheap. im with them now and had no probs and then they quoted me cheaper than my pug for a supra , you should of seen my smile

Guest mike-telford
Hmmmmm !!!! me thinks you might get a little flamed for saying that ... im very proud of my N/A and dont take kindly to it being compared to a Vauxhall Omega lol ... it certainly doesnt get driven / treated like one

ta

n00b

i wouldnt worry to much because the 0-60 time difference for a nasp to an omega 3.0 v6 is the rougly the same as a nasp to a tt :eyebrows:

ta

n00b

Sorry to offend matie...

meant Large-ish / Heavy-ish / RWD / 3.0, 6cyl, 24v / ~200hp / ~140mph

Even fairly similar price ? ~£5,000 for ~60,000miler ??

Actually considered the Omega when i was looking at the N/A...

.....but couldn't squeeze 285's on an Omega;)