The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another unbelievable insurance renewal

Pete

I thought I'd try Admiral given a lot of other had got good results from them.

My current Sky quote is 666.

Admiral - 365!

Only mods I have are exhaust, TRD spoiler, traction control - which they said to put as brake upgrade and decat classes as exhaust. Haven't mentioned the FCD as I've no idea what that would be.

Only thing I don't like is that they won't offer a guaranteed value only offering "market value" - and we all know what that means.

Pete,

totally agree on 'market value' thing. I was so glad I had the agreed value with Sky. I reckon it's worth the extra. Also Admiral & Co may not replace mods like with like... I'm going to renew with Sky and not even bother ringing around.

J

Pete,

totally agree on 'market value' thing. I was so glad I had the agreed value with Sky. I reckon it's worth the extra. Also Admiral & Co may not replace mods like with like... I'm going to renew with Sky and not even bother ringing around.

J

fecking hell, dont let them see that lol

"yes sir, it's a 4k renewal this year" lol

Pete,

J

Me three!

Sky really have done good on the valuation of my car.

;)

with sky, i read a post a couple of days ago that they require a cat 2 or above, my alarm and imb is cat 1 but have no paper work to support this

how would i stand? as not due till may time

I didn't either mate. Take it to Sextons (I did) and for about £20 they'll do all the checks and give you a certificate.

J

Who and where?

Bit of a :hijack: Sorry Pete (not guilty)

Sextons & all over the country. They sell & fit car stereos & alarms. Don't know if you have them in Scotland though. Anywhere who fits alarms should be able to do a test and give you a certificate (if they're approved). Hope you sort it.

J

Did you try Elephant Pete? Admiral own Elephant and I switched from Admiral to Elephant because they were even cheaper :)

Decat classed as an exhaust hmmm might phone and find out how much extra that would be for me, very tempting as the car is at CW's ;)

I was with Elephant once before. I might try them out of interest.

Odd thing is, I've tried Elephant abour 6 months ago and it was loads more than Sky.

The only thing that's changed is I'm 31 now and another years NCB. Address, car etc remains the same.

Weird.

That's bizzare Pete. When I was ringing round for quotes recently Admiral were the dearest of the lot.

That is strange. I swear there's just an algorithm somewhere to generate your quote like this:

$random = rand(200,1500);

print("Congratulations - your insurance quote is : $random");

?>