The mkiv Supra Owners Club

18" or 19" Volk GT-C Poll & opinions!

merckx

18" or 19" wheels (they look nice Chris :d )  

62 members have voted

1. 1. 18" or 19" wheels (they look nice Chris :d )

• Stick with 18" - might not look so good - risky!
    • Go for the 19" - they look nice!!!!!
    • Don't give a feckin toss!

Volk GT-C :love:

Vote in the poll!

Need some opinions here aswell, I was set on getting some 18" wheels after reading about the pitfalls of 19" .

I'm not too sure now because the 19" ones look fantastic! :) - bottom pic

I know the 19" ones aren't so good for handling/ride etc.

I'm not too bothered about flying round twisty roads, straight line performance is good enough for me.

Can those of you who've had experience of the 19" wheels give me an idea of what they're really like.

Thanks

18" wheels

19" wheels

I was gonna go with 19s.... but ended up with 18s but think i'll prefer them because i'd rather be able to drive the car a bit better. Personally i didn't notice any differance between 17s and 18s, have noticed a difference with 18s and 19s though

I just got my Volks in 18s and I think they look miles better (had 19" Pacifics before). I'm running 285/35 on the rear and I think the fat tyre makes it look muscle-car-ish.

regarding the feeling, well I haven't noticed such a difference, but it's as though there is a touch more damping over slight road roughness, but anything more than slight in the road feels pretty much as bumpy as before.

hi there.

this was a choice i had just a couple of months back.

i opted for the 19s . and now i am really glad i didnt go for the 18s, not once when i have been washing the car or looking at it have i thought ,,,,,,,,,,,,umm wish i would have bought the 18s. its that simple.

if you go for the 18s you will always think did i buy the right ones.

cheers:)

Guest Crazy A 64

I've been thinking about the same problem whilst waiting for mine to get here. People seem pretty much 50/50 so find a decent wheel man to show them both on your car then pick the one you like best.

Although I saw a Silver Supe running 19's in the Portsmouth area the other day and it looked phat! ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
I've been thinking about the same problem whilst waiting for mine to get here. People seem pretty much 50/50 so find a decent wheel man to show them both on your car then pick the one you like best.

Although I saw a Silver Supe running 19's in the Portsmouth area the other day and it looked phat! ;)

have to think practical too man, 18s with lowered suspension will look great and the rims will look big!