The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Group buy: Up-rated Pads?

Pig

It's VERY bad pracrtice to fit uprated pads to jst one end of the car, these have far more bite than the stock pads, so you would find the ABS trying to compensate for the fronts having more effort. I CAN sell the fronts separately, at £90 a set for UK type calipers. Same P&P price.

Yup!! I know!! However, I have no ABS and will be doing the rears next:) so definately put me down for a set please:)

These create no MORE dust than stock, but probably no less. The stuff i sell is 99% performance stuff, and i don't worry about things like dust or squeal, so don't buy my race pads, as THOSE make a lot of dust and noise. My Skyline wheels, on race, as opposed to fast road, pads, look like they are off an earth mover.

I am up for a set. However, i definatly dont want them to squeal! this is very important! Will anti-squeal sheams do the trick??

You DON'T want to be using Race compound pads for the road. I use CW's fast road pads, they're excellent, and TBH, if the trade off for safety is a bit of dust then so be it.

Even without shims or anti squeal compound I have never had a squeal problem on stock OE discs. I can supply at extra cost (4.50) anti aqueal compound made by bendix 9the best, IMO) or anti squeal shims can be supplied for an extra 10 pounds a car set of pads, oe for 5 pounds per axle set. If you are on grooved or "drilled" discs I can't say if the will make noise or not, these discs are notoriously noisy on ANY pad type.

• 1 month later...

Chris, I don't care about you being worried about bias- how much better would these be for my UK brakes with my current EBC Redstuff Ceramics? I found the redstuff could glaze after 50 miles of the Brunters full circuit- would grooved discs solve that?

All EBC pads are total junk, in my opinion. If you are doing serious track days you need proper race pads. Endless do one of the best off the shelf pads for the UK calipers, but we are talking 800 a full car set. I do a cheap and cheerful race pad for the Uk calipers at 380 a car set. I buy and sell in car sets though, I wouldn't really want to split them. You get EXACTLY what you pay for with pads, calipers and discs, and an 800 pound set of pads is a LOT better than a 380 pound set, and EBC come in as a joke, to be honest.