The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sticky Crap!!

Ribenaberry

I was showing off my soop that I have only owned for 2 weeks to a work colleague, now my soop has (Had) one of those little spoilers had the top of the rear screen.

Said work colleague has reaches for said little spoiler and starts to wiggle it quite aggressively whilst saying, "Is this plastic? looks its See through!" and before i can say, "Stop you fatherless!" there is an almighty crack.

First Question, what do you do in a situation like this? All i could do was stand there speechless until he got wise and walked off.

Second question is...

I then removed the spoiler completely, as it was unsightly with the break in it, but there are two sticky patches that were holding it on.

Any tips on getting this crap off?? Anyone done it before?

Dale

sorry, no usefull offerings I thought this thread was about scat :D

only yolking, you dont say where these sticky areas are, if the window then a thinners and a blade would suffice. If on the paintwrok then I wouldn't like to put anything on it other then a bit of elbow grease (available from halfords, just ask at the desk)

Hope you get it sorted, although...... I would get said monkey to pay for it as he caused the problem.

So that elbow grease? does it come in large and small tubs? :) :p .

Depends, it's usually sized according to the job...my thoughts were that you could attempt to send the culprit out at lunchtime for some to help relieve your frustration towards him ;)

I removed my rear spoiler (normal boot spoiler) once and the sticky crap there was unbelieveable. Like the double-sided grey foam but impossible to remove. I ended up using the green scouring side of a sponge (dish washing sponge) with loads of alcohol and lighter-petrol, which made a right mess of the paintwork, then used some Farecla G3 rubbing compound to restore the paintwork afterwards.

I then refitted the spoiler 'cause I didn't like the look without.

Guest Garfy

What a W*nker!!!!! I would have made him pay for a new spoiler and rear screen having just pushed his face through it. sorry doesn't offer you much help.

some advice from Andy here

Mike

Great stuff! I am going to try this Tar remover that is suggested here.

To be honest, I think that the car looks better without this spoiler.

Regarding the Dipshit, he has apologised and sorted me out with some cheeky time off, this is in lieu of me beating him to death. When I worked it out, The time off is worth more that the £250 quid spoiler, hehe.

Pity though, I was looking forward to killing him.:p

Guest Garfy
i would clean every thing off your car then,

1. punch him in the face

2. wrap the spoiler round his neck.

3. shove it up his back side

4. glue it to his bonnet, using the same sticky crap.

what a nob sack

LOL, Excellent, thats even better than my idea.