The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's Your oil Pressure?

Tricky-Ricky

Guest chiefvinso

So is this a debateable question then? Where would Mr T plumb into the system to get a good reading? I'm curious as I will be getting a oil pressure gauge at some point.

I have done a search, but can't really find anything definitive, just interested in what peoples oil pressure is assuming you have a gauge fitted! be interesting to see, so what pressure, type of oil and type of gauge? hot or cold etc?

6 bar when the engine is stone cold and about 1.5 bar at idle when hot

Well this hasn't got very far! my cold pressure is 130 psi on a Autogauge digital, electronic sender (don't know about hot pressure yet as it was just a test as i haven't got a gauge pod through yet!) but i let it warm up on idle and got 50 psi at about 70c, oil is Shell semi synth 10w 40.

Well this hasn't got very far! my cold pressure is 130 psi on a Autogauge digital, electronic sender (don't know about hot pressure yet as it was just a test as i haven't got a gauge pod through yet!) but i let it warm up on idle and got 50 psi at about 70c, oil is Shell semi synth 10w 40.

sorry mate i'me old but all this psi stuff i just cant relate to, get with the metrication system lol, on another note ditch the semi-synth and go fully synth

Alright Ricky, i've got a Greddy oil temp gauge, when at idle my soop is up around the 8 an a half 9 when stone cold, an around 2 an a bit when hot. Thats with fully synthetic valvolene.

Yeah but what does your Pressure gauge read? :)

So where is the ideal place to take a feed?

I would imagine that the best place is straight out of the block where the std sensor is, but its near impossible to get at! so some people get the Lexus bolt which is already taped for a take off ,that holds the oil cooler assembly on, and the other option is to get a sandwich plate, which will allow you to fit an oil temp sensor as well!

stupra, i presume that reading is bar? so 29psi hot and 130psi cold

same as mine, but i now have a hot reading of 40-45psi and that's at 100c

I am also interested in the temp readings on the 2JZ GTE i have only had a chance to check mine on short urban journeys and using a bit of boost the temp seems to be 100c which is 10c higher than my old s14 even when thrashed!:blink:

When cold mine is 8 bar at tickover, once the engine gets to running temp ie oil at around 90 degrees centigrade the running pressure is 6 bar and idle is 2 bar. I have my sensors fitted to the Mocal oil filter relocation unit but used a Greddy sandwich plate prior to that. Hope this helps.