The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Immobiliser?

Animal

My insurance is up for renewal. Tesco's want £708!!! (32 with 5 years NCB & 3pts). Just rang Sky and they want £181 (£350 excess) but I must have a Thatcham Cat 2 or better immobiliser fitted.

What units are recommended?

[edit] best one i've found so far looks like the COBRA-7928 Cat 1 for £300 inc. fitting. Any good?

Full Revs

Animal

My insurance is up for renewal. Tesco's want £708!!! (32 with 5 years NCB & 3pts). Just rang Sky and they want £181 (£350 excess) but I must have a Thatcham Cat 2 or better immobiliser fitted.

[edit] best one i've found so far looks like the COBRA-7928 Cat 1 for £300 inc. fitting. Any good?

Full Revs

Animal

How much!! is that just third party?

Full Revs

Animal

That's exactly the system I have matey, it's great, never given me an ounce of trouble. Think it was £300 for me too, took about 2 hours to install. I'd recommend this one.

" (32 with 5 years NCB & 3pts). Just rang Sky and they want £181 (£350 excess) but I must have a Thatcham Cat 2 or better immobiliser fitted."

Can't get my head around this! they must have made a mistake! do you keep your car in a garage with 24h security? is it NA? any mods?

I have 9yrs NCB no convictions/points a dam site older and not in a high risk zone, and they charge me £570 with minimal mods:(

Cheers guys. Would that be the TOAD C5 unit? Gaz - where did you go to get yours fitted? I'm in Preston for the next few weeks, so I'll get it done around here.

Cant remember the exact model number, im sure it had A101 or something in the name but dont quote me. I got it done at a place called C + I Autos, its on Fylde Road near the docks. Small Industrial style unit just after the old aqueduct bridge. Decent enough guy but had a bit of trouble with him when he came to fit my head unit and speakers. just found him a bit unreliable thats all nothing serious. No probs whatsoever though when fitting the alarm.