The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Factory Skirts

Guest chiefvinso

Guest chiefvinso

I have them on my car and noticed while I was under it on the weekend that they were damaged. Does anyone know if I can get these and if so where from/part no. Cheers :)

Supra3.JPG

Cheaper to get them repaired.

How are they damaged? I had some that had split on the outside and torn at the seam where the bolts hold them. I made an aluminium angled strip and rivited it to repair and strenghten the mounting points. I then gave them to Lovatt who did a great job repairing the visible bit using a combination of plastic welding and some kind of resin, resprayed and look as good as new.

Guest chiefvinso

£400 quid for replicas, damn thats expensive. Mine arent too bad the underside has a few cracks and the paint has come off. The holding bolt holes are fine, cant beleive the price on a set of new ones - they are just plastic! Looks like a repair jobby then - how much did yours cost pete?

Guest chiefvinso

I agree, if I had the cash I would get a new set off Paul but £400 for two flimsy bits of plastic (I assume they will be the same material) is too much and not justifiable. Shall find out how much a repair and respray costs.

The holding bolt holes are fine, cant beleive the price on a set of new ones - they are just plastic! Looks like a repair jobby then - how much did yours cost pete?

Plastic is much more preferable to fibre glass though as it'll take the odd bash like yours have already had by the sound of it.

Mine were well and truly fecked and I had some other bits painted at the same time so my price won't really relate - I fitted myself too (v.easy). I'd say very approx 150-200 for repair and respray.

I'm sure you'll find all the replicas are fibreglass.

Guest chiefvinso
Mr Evans, can you confirm/deny that your reps are fibreglass?

Thats very formal! :D

Cheers Pete, still quite a costly repair though isnt it :(

Guest chiefvinso
I normally call him darling or peach cheeks but he gets all shy sometimes so I said I would make it less obvious ;)

:D

OK, I wont tell anyone :rlol:

Mr Evans, can you confirm/deny that your reps are fibreglass?

I can confirm that my cheeks are peachy darling....

Oh...and the replicas are fibreglass...

However you are really welcome to buy some cheaper on ebay...of course they wont fit...but that's a moot point :)

Unfortunately I have to pay HM some VAT and good old Liz is pretty insistant about it - or I wont get my knighthood from Tony...:D

Guest chiefvinso
I can confirm that my cheeks are peachy darling....

Oh...and the replicas are fibreglass...

However you are really welcome to buy some cheaper on ebay...of course they wont fit...but that's a moot point :)

Unfortunately I have to pay HM some VAT and good old Liz is pretty insistant about it - or I wont get my knighthood from Tony...:D

LOL I see you 2 have a bit of history :D

I wouldnt buy something I wasnt certain of, just a bit shocked at the cost - is it because its a supra? I understand the tax stuff, I wasnt having a pop at your costs either - hope it didnt come across like that.

LOL I see you 2 have a bit of history :D

I wouldnt buy something I wasnt certain of, just a bit shocked at the cost - is it because its a supra? I understand the tax stuff, I wasnt having a pop at your costs either - hope it didnt come across like that.

Actually didn't do too bad last inspection late last year (one of their 'lets get the tough love glove out' inspections - if you know what I mean :cool: )

Got a refund of £2.5 for overpayment of NI ! (not the rumoured £30K fine bollox :) )

Basically they are made over here - and from originals etc - so really cost of original mold plus what they charge me etc per item

Admitted these are pricey but I just sell quality fitted stuff - saves me a lot of grief that way!