The mkiv Supra Owners Club

highly recommended bridgestone S-02's

paul ashton

Had a pair of rear Bridgestone S-02's fitted a couple of days ago and they are the bollocks.They are 285/30/18 and cost me 205 each and are apparently a Porshe fitting,i watched for 1 1/2 hrs trying to get them to seal properly but was well worth the wait and expense,the traction is unbelievable but unsure of wearability.Anyone else had any experience with them please let me know.

I didn't think the S-02's were still available, they were superceeded by the S-03's and I think these have now been discontinued.

I use use to run S-02's a few years ago and loved them, actually rated them better than the S-03's I replaced them with.

indeed, S02s sitting around will be old stock now. Still the best tyre I have had on a supra. I have heard the RE050 (I think thats the ones) are the best tyre in their range now.

Shame you didnt give Ibrar at Pro-Alloys a call, he's knocking out a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 front and rear tyres (285 rear) for £550.

JB

indeed, S02s sitting around will be old stock now. Still the best tyre I have had on a supra. I have heard the RE050 (I think thats the ones) are the best tyre in their range now.

Shame you didnt give Ibrar at Pro-Alloys a call, he's knocking out a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 front and rear tyres (285 rear) for £550.

JB

Tried to get F1's but apparently Goodyear don't do 30's profile,os so i was told.

I have S-02's on the front of mine, seem amazingly grippy - not ideal though since the rears are falcon = less grippy = iffy set up lol

anyway, what's the best replacement for these now then? RE050's, F1's or? Why did they stop making them, damn them!

I used SO2's on my car, let me assure you that if you think they are good, wait to you try the NEW RE050 tyre from bridgestone, miles better traction, great handling, and way less road noise. £205? you paid top dollar.

really? cheers for the info, sounds like my next tyre replacement will be these then! :)