The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WTD: Pictures Of Water Cooled Singles On Supras

terribleturner

not sure to be honest. thats the way dude recommended i did it. seemed to work ok

I'm sure that's not right. The rear port is the feed to the 2nd turbo, the one on the water pump is the feed to the 1st turbo. If you used those two you'd have no flow of coolant through the turbo, both ends would be trying to pump water through!

I thought the rear was a feed too :(

What i'm worried about is will it be too close to the turbo if i run the water feed from the nipple on the neck?? In your pictures Supragold, it seems to be touching the turbo which is something i don't really wanna do.

Also on the turbo housing, does it matter which is return and feed?? I was gonna make the top one feed and bottom return. That should be fine shouldn't it??

I thought the rear was a feed too :(

What i'm worried about is will it be too close to the turbo if i run the water feed from the nipple on the neck?? In your pictures Supragold, it seems to be touching the turbo which is something i don't really wanna do.

Also on the turbo housing, does it matter which is return and feed?? I was gonna make the top one feed and bottom return. That should be fine shouldn't it??

The top and bottom ones are the oil feed and return. The water ones are on each side. At least they are on my turbo!

Correct. Both the pipes from the Pump and rear are water feeds. Both the returns on the stock system are at the water neck. If you use the Feed from the water pump and return it into the Rear pipe down low then it will not promote flow and you are asking for a Air trap in the Turbo casing, so it wont cool as it should do. Water needs to pump from low and return hight in order to have any chance of getting rid of air locks ( air alway rises)..So I would be very wary of using the 2 lower ones, Idealy use any of the lower ones for the feed and return into the neck ..Of course the choise is up to you.

As for the ports on the turbo. The oil feed is at the top and the oil return at the bottom. Water feeds are on either side, Might just be a typo, But i dont want you putting water in the oil ways and vise versa on the turbo. As for orientation you can use either water ports for feed or return, whatever is easier for you. You can use one of the nipples on the elbow as the return, or block them both and add another port on the elbow futher round the back so it clears the intake pipe ...again up to you .

Hope that helps.