The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need a TT!

Ryenose

Still looking for a TT but doesnt seem to be too many decent ones around the south east! After an auto and wouldnt mind an aerotop but not fussy, just want a TT in good condition for under £6500! If any one can help pleaseeee..

FFS:d

if you want a decent TT you will need to get your wallet out and pay proper money for one,otherwise for the money you want to pay you have a good chance of buying a dog of a car.

Looks like I will be selling mine in the near future due to a change in my job. Have not decided how much I want for her yet but it will be realistically priced. Going to get an MOT on her in a few weeks and then probably post it up for sale on this site so keep an eye out for it.

Still looking for a TT but doesnt seem to be too many decent ones around the south east! After an auto and wouldnt mind an aerotop but not fussy, just want a TT in good condition for under £6500! If any one can help pleaseeee..

Funniest thread of the year goes to.........(see above:D )

Guest Flat4_ire
just seen 3 aero tops in 2 are n/a starting @ £6500-£7300 and a TT £10650.

its worth spending that bit extra cos when it comes around to sellin her it will benefit you, you will get a TT for under 6500 but it will probably show its value! my tip is get another 2k or buy something else! u want at least £8k

for 6.5k you will get a no bad one but will show its age, but not cracking and to get it up to a cracking level you will need to spend about another 3k but get one already done and spend about 8k+

if your looking to spend that, you will have to go down to n/a

i must admit i got my TT auto for £6500 but i have spent nearly 3.5k as i bought a dud, lessons to be learnt on goign cheap on such a car, if you get cheap then you have to think whats wrong with it..............i never and boy do i regret it, but the old girl is getting there

The way i see the market at the moment is that stock looking cars in the plain/common colours with 80K+ miles are going to be hard to shift without an overly attractive price.

Look at Envy's manual silver minter with 50Kish on the clock, thats not selling at £9995, so whats a clean but higher mileage auto rz of 93/94 year realistically going to achieve?

IMO if you own a 93/94 auto thats on stock 16's i'd have thought you have to be pricing it at or below £6995 to get some interest. If you've picked up a few trolley dings or parking scrapes then you may be haggled down less. People who want a quick sale may start off lower. Yes some may have mechanical issues but equally some may not.

Obviously the 'stock' look is not everyones cup of tea, and with the price of wheels and tyres if you want them it makes economical sense to buy a car with them already on. Like wise if you want UK brakes, sideskirts etc etc. But if you just want classic supra looks with the TT power I personally think some of these stock cars or 16's represent good vfm, especially the gz's.

What i'm saying is that if you can live with a few minor bodywork blemishes and without aftermarkets bits'n'bobs, you can have a mechanically good and reliable car for that budget

• 2 weeks later...