The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cosmetics - Battery Cover

sarjo

I want to buy a battery cover similar to this, although not sure if this one looks tacky.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Supra-Chrome-Battery-Cover-Toyota-Twin-Turbo-3-0_W0QQitemZ8050949010QQcategoryZ43119QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've got a vented bonnet and the angle that I park the car, sometimes (especially in all this recent bloody rain) means that the water is coming in through a few of the lower vents and dripping onto the battery!!! [i know change the angle I park the car - but then I get seagull shite all over it]!

Has any bought anything similar which they can recommend or any traders on here selling them?

Sorry mate but yeah, well tacky imo:) What about something more subtle like the plain carbon effect they do?

Paul

Yeah I though it was a bit tacky. Really would like a complete battery cover, top and sides if you know what I mean. Might ask miami gt?

Ok here are some pictures.

I do not have the battery hold down arm. ;)

2 pics w/o flash and 2 pics with.

The battery cover has one scratch that you can see in the pictures and a few that you cannot but it still looks ok. Only reason I am selling is I have a real carbon fibre fuse cover coming and the battery I am going to use does not need to be hidden away in shame :)

Ok here are some pictures.

I do not have the battery hold down arm. ;)

2 pics w/o flash and 2 pics with.

The battery cover has one scratch that you can see in the pictures and a few that you cannot but it still looks ok. Only reason I am selling is I have a real carbon fibre fuse cover coming and the battery I am going to use does not need to be hidden away in shame :)

They're very nice . . . . where are they??

I think you're right James. I've just had a look at my engine photos before it went to MaxGT, and it had a battery holder. Now it doesn't?!

I think they are pretty cheap from Mr Toyota but if you want a polished one maybe one of the traders who deals in polishing has one they don't need an exchange on?