The mkiv Supra Owners Club

**Car is working again ** It was RLTC.

RedM

Pulled up carpet and removed ECU cover.

RLTC unit was at a funny angle near the floor and I spotted a red cable that I figured had come free from where it should have been.

Steve Single of this forum arrived at about the same time and he agreed. We connected the wire back up and VOILA one running car.

Now going to secure the unit and cabling properly and hope it doesn't happen again.

rltc.jpg

Didn't hit anything. The car had been fine until we pulled into a library car-park.

Steve Single had a look at the unit and wiring and couldn't believe that it hadn't been secured. Seems that just general movement of the car caused the unit to pull on the red wire and start my nightmare.

Just been out for the calibration run. It took first time now to download a DAT file.

Just read that :) I'm glad it's all sorted :thumbs:

I'm beginning to suspect the ECU reset is being treated like the "reboot" cure-all you get in IT ;) C'mon folks all it does is clear a couple of self-learn maps for closed loop fuelling and ignition timing adjustment :p

-Ian

Martin i would defo get the unit secured down somewhere different mate, the unit is moving about the foot well like a Michael jackson in wonderland! More wires will break and cause more problems if its left to move around willy nilly. Mine is bolted to an engineered bracket behind the ABS ecu its totally solid and wont move an inch!

.. gearchanges are smoother with the std TRAC left in place,..

Of course they are, the std TRAC retards the ignition and cuts power a bit via the flap during gear changes.

Even if you have it OFF via the switch on the console, it still retards the ignition to protect the autobox.

Of course they are, the std TRAC retards the ignition and cuts power a bit via the flap during gear changes.

Even if you have it OFF via the switch on the console, it still retards the ignition to protect the autobox.

:yeahthat: