The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new 800cc injectors for about £250 for all 6!!!!!

afennell

Those first ones will be more like £350 with shipping but still a good price.

Someone brought up those other ones before the other week and i considered them myself after reading a couple of the US guys use them.

Think it reaally depends what your gonna use them with. With the rail on top and resistor pack your looking at a little more money than the drop in ones you can get from people like Vortex & Envy (working on the basis your car is a J-Spec).

Those first ones will be more like £350 with shipping but still a good price.

Someone brought up those other ones before the other week and i considered them myself after reading a couple of the US guys use them.

Think it reaally depends what your gonna use them with. With the rail on top and resistor pack your looking at a little more money than the drop in ones you can get from people like Vortex & Envy (working on the basis your car is a J-Spec).

I thought these injectors were to fit directly into a j-spec, and are high impendancy so no resistor pack needed. Or have i got that the wrong way round? :blink:

I thought these injectors were to fit directly into a j-spec, and are high impendancy so no resistor pack needed. Or have i got that the wrong way round? :blink:

actually yeah i think you might be right which has got me confused again as to why it says no vvti's :)

Guest Terry S
LOL Alex exactly, basically i think the seller doesnt know that the jdm's can be adapted for the high impedence injectors with the use of a resistor pack etc

The JDM's ( in fact all MKIV's) are all High resistance drivers in the ECU AFAIK, and you convert to low resistance using the resitor pack.

Guest Terry S
The yanks know sweet FA about the VVTi model...is, I think, Q's point ;)

If it works in a 2jz it works in a 2jz.

I wonder if its a lag time thing on the VVTi injectors. Whilst we established VVTi injectors flow the same as normal JDM, we never actually found if there were any other differences.

The JDM's ( in fact all MKIV's) are all High resistance drivers in the ECU AFAIK, and you convert to low resistance using the resitor pack.

Mmm, adding resistors doesn't lower the resistance Terry :)

The ECU is low impedance, so you need either a high impedance injector (stock JDM 440's) or a dropping resistor (resistor pack) if you use low impediance injectors.

-Ian

Guest Terry S
Mmm, adding resistors doesn't lower the resistance Terry :)

The ECU is low impedance, so you need either a high impedance injector (stock JDM 440's) or a dropping resistor (resistor pack) if you use low impediance injectors.

-Ian

sorry Ian my bad meant impedance. Thats what you get typing after a few stella's!