The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey newbie

Guest mike-telford

Guest mike-telford

Hey all

I joined a while ago but i have only got round to posting now :D

I currently drive a bmw 328i se saloon which is going to get its new bodykit sprayed and fitted sometime in the next month once that is sorted im going to be selling her and saving up abit more money for a uk spec supra (insurance is daft on the imports) so hopefully by the summer ill be a proud supra owner :D

Hi Mike and :welcome: to the club.

Insurance may be more on a Jap spec Supra, but they are cheaper to buy, easier to find the spec you want and usually lower mileage. The premium you will probably have to pay for a UK spec may well cancel out any insurance benefit.

Both cars are great, just don't rule out the J-spec on insurance alone, it's about finding the right Supra for you, keep all your options open. Have a read of the FAQ in Tech section loads of useful threads to read in there for prospective buyers.

Guest mike-telford

Thanks for the welcome :)

the insurance qoute for the uk spec for me is 1300 and for an import 3200 i know i could get a good import cheaper but surely after a few year i would have payed more for the import? (with the added cost of insurance)

Thanks for the welcome :)

the insurance qoute for the uk spec for me is 1300 and for an import 3200 i know i could get a good import cheaper but surely after a few year i would have payed more for the import? (with the added cost of insurance)

How old are you Mike? I'm 27 with a named driver on a single turbo 500bhp with loads of declared mods and agreed valuation of 17K. £1270 for the year and this is my first high performance car. Try SKY :D

Guest mike-telford

well after reading some old topics on here someone said to try Bell and they have just qouted me £1849 tpft which is great!