The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Caliper sand/bead blasting and powder coating in the North West

carl0s

Does anybody know of a company who are able to safely sand/bead blast and then power-coat my UK calipers in the north west?

I understand that powder-coating calipers has to be done very carefully so as not to screw them up.

Any recommendations? I'd really probably prefer somewhere where I could take the car and have the brake refub kits fitted too.

You could do the donkey work yourself, masking off the areas you don't want powder coat on with Masking tape.

Use about 6 layers of masking tape, i also use aluminium foil to screw in to bolt holes etc.This should be strong enough to withstand the blasting. Before the parts are powder coated they are blasted to clean them up so it is only the powder coater you need to find.

Once the parts have been coated and baked in the oven you will be left with the glue residue from the tape on the surface, just use some thinners to remove it.

That is only a rough guide, go through this with the powder coater as well, mentiuon your concerns about the caliper they may well be able to advise you better.