The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ecu mapping

brian73united

Has anyone done any basic mapping alterations themselves?

You can't remap the stock ECU.

You can lie to the ECU using a piggyback - which a few of us have experience of

You can replace the ECU with a fully programmable one - which less than a handful on here could do on their own.

Are you refering to a piggy back ecu or stock ecu via SAFC etc?

I think I've got a cold start problem - ie engine stalls when revs drop when reducing speed say for example when approaching junction slowly. Doesnt do it all the time, only occassionally, but enough to get a bit p'd off!

Its an aem and I'm waiting for Dimitri & Arnout to come over probably in May for a full wack mapping session, but have been told i can download a map from aem and make changes myself whilst I'm waiting????

Not sure about this hence the question being asked.

Its an aem and I'm waiting for Dimitri & Arnout to come over probably in May for a full wack mapping session, but have been told i can download a map from aem and make changes myself whilst I'm waiting????
I would head over to the AEM forum mate. Ask nicely and give your FULL (relevant) specs. Somebody may have the same setup as you and let you have a copy of their map. Or advise you on how to tweak your own map.

I would head over to the AEM forum mate. Ask nicely and give your FULL (relevant) specs. Somebody may have the same setup as you and let you have a copy of their map. Or advise you on how to tweak your own map.

Cheers Jake will try that.