The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A wicked cunning plan!!

Underworld

Guys ive just thought of this.

I ONLY want a turbo supra, and never look at N/A supras. However theres a lot of mint condition NAs floating around for quite cheap.

I cant afford a mint turbo atm but could afford a mint NA. Is it right that a NA-T converted supe is pretty good? Im thinking that it would maybe worthwhile to get a nice NA now, then get the conversion when i got the extra bux.

Whats more is the turbos will be brand new and I wont be running the risk of buying a supe with turbos that have done ~80k miles. And hopefully ill have a lower milage car.

What do you think?

Personally I would want a car to be as close to stock engine wise as possible if I were buying, but its a personal thing, some will buy it some won't.

If your going down the NA-T route you might want to think about whether the 5 speed box or the autobox will give you all that you need to support the initial and future mods beyond that. Maybe a 6speed facelift NA would be a better base (I have no idea, the techy chaps will though), but they are rarer and in theory more expensive than the prefacelift NAs.

If your going down the NA-T route you might want to think about whether the 5 speed box or the autobox will give you all that you need to support the initial and future mods beyond that. Maybe a 6speed facelift NA would be a better base (I have no idea, the techy chaps will though), but they are rarer and in theory more expensive than the prefacelift NAs.

Indeed the 5speed box (W58) is the weak link, six speed is the way to go but boostlogic are now doing a conversion to the R154 out of the mk3 supe which is a lot stronger

Dudes you are all goin on like a 5 speed can't cope with 400 brake??? It can easily. The N/A auto may struggle at that bhp. I've said it once and I'll say it again you N/A guys get your arses in gear and sort out a supercharger option. Then you might just show the TT guys a thing or too about on road results.

There is big debate about it on supraforums, quite a few have lost gearboxes but they are running very high bhp figures, there is also debate about if it is treated and driven correctly then it does last.. what with most cars being auto in the states, and as they say not knowing how to drive 'stick ' I'm just going to suck it and see but I was running around 330-340 with no problems not even with the clutch