The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Footrest removal

colsoop

Im putting sound proofing on the drivers side of the car today and i need to get the carpet up, the problem is the foot rest.

there are 2 covers on the footrest, i assume there are screws beneath them, i tried plucking them off with a small flat bladed screw driver but they wont budge.

Any one done this before who can advise :) thanks

• 3 years later...
Hi lads, i'm stuck with this one now. I've tryed with a flathead screwdriver but its just making bits of them. Do you have to give them a half turn or anything?

There is no screws holding the footrest.Not on mine anyway.Bit tricky to get off first time but get something decent under like a pry bar etc.Don't be gentle :)

P.S are we talking about an auto Supra here??

Edited by SupraHuman (see edit history)

There is no screws holding the footrest.Not on mine anyway.Bit tricky to get off first time but get something decent under like a pry bar etc.Don't be gentle :)

P.S are we talking about an auto Supra here??

No mate 6 spd. I have 2 plastic covers that spin around but i just can't get them off.

i'm sure i turned the plastic caps half a turn anti clockwise so the pattern is out of sync. . . Then the footrest just lifts off. However, I removed it a while ago so my memory may a little off! :)

Thats right Dan :)

If you rip it off it can shred the plastic screw caps - they're only £1.20 a peice (x2 req'd) to replace from Toyota, but could save a pints worth of cash by being a bit more careful :D

Thats right Dan :)

If you rip it off it can shred the plastic screw caps - they're only £1.20 a peice (x2 req'd) to replace from Toyota, but could save a pints worth of cash by being a bit more careful :D

Hi lads, i ripped the first 1 off but thats unusable now. So the second 1 i screwed off and just kept pressure on the back of the rest and it came off that way.