The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hyper Exhaust

DArby

a HUGE hammer and a decent set of sockets should do it.

It all depends when your exhaust was last played about with as to whether you will be able to get the bolts undone. Are you running with or without cats?

JB

Shop!! we sell Hipers....but then you knew that.

Leon replaced both the Cats latter part of last year, so if it bolts onto that pipe i guess i'm ok.

If i'm running de-catted etc. should i start to worry about over-boosting ??

I think the UK cars are not as suseptable to this ??

Dean..

Not too difficult.

Stick the car up on axle stands.

Spray all the exhaust bolts with WD40 and go and have a beer.

Bolts should come undone with a good quality socket set.

If you have access to a breaker bar the job is even easier.

Once the bolts are undone unhook the rubber hangers, a bit of WD40 helps here too.

A pair of extra hands will come in handy here.

Have another beer as you are ready to put your Hiper on.

As it says in the book fitting is the reverse of removal extra hands help here too

No more beers now.

Turn on engine blip throttle and enjoy.

Get in car, open windows, drive around admiring the new sounds your car will make:biggrin:

Dean

It is my experience that overboosting on a UK with full de-cat and a free-flow exaust is unlikely.   Eric kasir has a UK, de-cat pipe, Hiper exhaust and boosted to max. 15psi.   so didn't overboost.

The only thing that you might want to consider is that the Hiper with full de-cat is not the quietest configuration in the world.    It will be fairly substantially louder than you're current set-up.    Performance will definitely improve, but I would try to listen to a Hiper with full de-cat before you do it to check that you're ok with the noise.

Nice noise, but it's always there.

One thing!

The existing exhaust splits into two and routes down both sides of the car eventually meeting up at the rear silencer box.

Make sure you route the Hiper down the passenger side even though the bar that fits into the rubber hanger looks 'upside down'.

It's all in the instruction diagrams but I just waded in and spent 10 minutes wondering why the end can was only half way along the boot when I offered it up! DUH.

Other than that it took me about 40 minutes on my own to fit it.

Have fun.

Phil