The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tein Super Street with EDFC

ManwithSupra

unless you're going to be changing the damping settings a lot i wouldn't bother with the EDFC mate. seems useful for those doing a lot of track driving etc. so you can adjust when you get there but other than that it just looks fancy imo.

the super streets are supposedly quite good although you'll go a long way to beat the stock setup. if you can, i'd stretch to getting Chris Wilson's setup.

I've got the Flex kit, didn't bother with the EDFC in the end though, couldn't see the point and i want a TRD brace anyway :D

Dunno about what the Street kit is like but the Flexes are a good bit of kit! Slightly harsher ride but i prefer it over the relatively softer UK suspension, no more body roll and a better turn-in response. Car feels more predictable too.

I got Super Streets fitted last year and they are spot on. Rebound is set just under half way and is a nice stiff ride without being back breaking. I reckon they gave me a good 10-20mph increase in cornering speed with the added confidence. Saying that, my stock ones were fubar.

I'm considering an EDFC now, so I can switch between a good, hard set-up for fast country roads and a softer setting for general cruising.

Has anyone had these installed,

I am looking for a descent suspension setup and i have heard that these are very good.

Anyone? :eyebrows:

i'm currently considering the exact same setup

decided on this one with it being well priced, but also adjustable height which i wouldn't mind trying with having a very low bumper and also being able to have it on SOFT for general driving & then HARD with the press of a button for when i feel like having a play or when it goes to Elvington etc

the Flex seems significantly more expensive but for what i'm not sure, they appear to only be pillow ball upper mounts, which i've read isn't necessary & other than that the text just appears to say that the height & damper adjustments are completely seperate, but i'm not sure what advantage this gives

MKIVStore currently have a very good deal on at the mo, which includes free fitting of the Super Streets :)

I have the flex kit on mine, edfc too......just havent wired it up.....who wants to help? (when i say help i mean, ill make the tea :D) Its set to its softest setting, and tbh the best way of describing it is that the supe sticks to the road like sh*t to a blanket.

only downside is it is slightly 'clunky' due to the ball joints

hth