The mkiv Supra Owners Club

pi**sed off

absz

i've had problems with my alarm, there was no key fobs when i bought the damm thing it has been on valet mode for a while now until today. i was driving on a main road doing approx 40mph when the engine cuts out :scared: managed to park onto the side. have ignition but does not turn over notice that the led for valet mode is no longer on meaning the alarm has turned on. checked a few things over and its all pointing to alarm fault. but mis-placed the 4 digit code. so i decided to phone my brother up to tow me home. he has never towed anyone before so i give him the story about don't drive to fast and when pulling away go slow to take up the slack in the rope. so he speeds off comes to a roundabout slows down then floors it:( ripping chucks out of my front bumper.

The annoying thing is that i'm a AA member, should have phoned them for the tow.

now i have a car (that i only had sprayed few months back ) with chucks missing on the front bumper and cracks on the rear were i drove into my gate last week.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gzaerojon
i've had problems with my alarm, there was no key fobs when i bought the damm thing it has been on valet mode for a while now until today. i was driving on a main road doing approx 40mph when the engine cuts out :scared: managed to park onto the side. have ignition but does not turn over notice that the led for valet mode is no longer on meaning the alarm has turned on. checked a few things over and its all pointing to alarm fault. but mis-placed the 4 digit code. so i decided to phone my brother up to tow me home. he has never towed anyone before so i give him the story about don't drive to fast and when pulling away go slow to take up the slack in the rope. so he speeds off comes to a roundabout slows down then floors it:( ripping chucks out of my front bumper.

The annoying thing is that i'm a AA member, should have phoned them for the tow.

now i have a car (that i only had sprayed few months back ) with chucks missing on the front bumper and cracks on the rear were i drove into my gate last week.

sorry to hear this mate :(

do you know what alarm it is? you might be able to get a new fob for it and have it programed in.

i have a bomex front going cheap if it helps?