The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wrong Section But Need Help!

JODY T

Hey guys havin a nightmare tryin to fix my bros celica gt 95 2L

The passenger driveshaft is knackered, So bought a new one, (Second Hand)

Howver it looks to be the wrong one, yet ive been assured it came of a similar car

IE 95 Celica 2L GT ST202..

was wondering, Does anyone have the EPC and and could find the pics of the driveshafts, Maybe toyota changed em?

Will the one i have now fit?

Please help me, im loosin the plot with this car, nothings ever simple...

Not sure, bout the st205, all i know is my bros it in two sections, with a black box in the middle that bolts to the engine.. The one i got is the right size but its just a shaft and without the box in the middle it has no movement in the middle...

Forgot to take your no to work, but yeah mate it does.. If you take off the middle gaitor the shaft comes out of the black box thingy and you have two seperate parts....

Was thinkin it might have been the passenger side but its about a foot to long LOL

See my drawing, i cant find a pic...... and yes i know its crap.. :)

And you dont happen to have a Supra passenger rear quarter window do you?

pc.JPG

Cracked it. Unbolt the black cast ring that bolts to the block, cos you dont need it no more! Shaft will fit fine then. Your bro's car has an early shaft set-up that was prone to snapping. (hence, its snapped:D ). All they did to revise was do away with the two part shaft, and have a single one, like the one i sent you. :)