The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Faster car as good looking with better MPG then supra nasp?

cookci

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest dee_rz

my friend has a dc5, i have driven one too, you'll be impressed, handles great, but i have friends who have n/a supras too and they don't complain about it being no fun, if you want the dc5 you'll have to rag it to make it feel quick with it's vtec and driving it hard most of the time which you will you'll find it'll do terrible mpg also unless you keep it out of vtec zone (the no fun zone), i had a civic type r with the same k20 engine in it (minus the better cams in the dc5) you had to really rev the nuts out of it and it has low torque, it a 2.0L not 2.2 unless you mean you want to put the 2.2 stroker kit on it, if this is what you want to do you'll need a hondata ecu it'll then be fairly quick, around 300bhp n/a will be thirsty and then it'll become a hand full with that power in a fwd car.

i know lots about these motors so if you need anymore info fire away, it is a great car but will cost you, and i know someone selling a tuned one with even lairer cams and thottle bodies (itb's)

Guest dee_rz

dc2 is also good, but the dc5 has a much better tranny and engine, much strong and look alot better imo, but a fair bit more, my girlfriend had a 1.7 puma, was a great little handling car but pace wise you want to move forward my girlfriends now going for an s2000 after my advise :cool:

It's not a linear equation, but more performance generally comes from fuel consumption. More power=more fuel.

I had a DC2 Integra, and yes it was reasonably economical if you were carrying miss daisy to and from sainsburys, but take it for a spirited drive and the fuel soon disappeared ! Fun tho :D

i take it you have an n/a then?

or

buy a turbo with BPU mods and see if you think thats too slow mate:D

or

Yeah by about 1mpg

Sod off the lot of you.!! NA does not mean slow, and you know it.

Richie, no thank you for your membership pack from this NA driver I see, and Leett no thanks off you for extra beers etc last year ar JAE!! Beware of Mods guys !! lol

its not slow it just feels it

i think it'd feel quite reasonable in a 6 speed manual instead!

my circumstances are probably going to change... its a bit pointless keeping the supra really as id be spending most of my extra wage increase on petrol!:(

This is a common problem with expensive cars that drop to 20% of their original price.

They are often bought by people who don't realise that the running costs have not dropped to 20% neither has the cost of upkeep dropped - it has actually gone UP due to age and things falling apart (the reason behind the depreciation in the *first* place!)

The n/a supra isn't exactly a car bought for power kicks either --- looks is what it's best at.

Even the TT feels rather flat in stock form. Deceptively fast at high speed because it's so smooth.

any suggestions... think i want rid of my supra already. its not quick not fun and does too few MPG.

if your looking for mpg buy a diesel, or a micra, IMHO if your worried about mpg you should give up on the sports car scene

and if you want fast (which is not everything and sounds a bit boy racerish) then you have to sacrafice something which would be mpg

not trying to get at ya mate just mpg and sports cars dont mix