The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Punto 2000 Headlights

Todd

Girl at works headlights aren't working on her Punto (2000), the side lights work and the full beam works though.

Popped a new bulb in and still the same problem, checked the fuses and they are fine. Anyone any ideas what else it could be?

Feel kind of bad as I suggested getting the new bulbs :(

Cheers

Girl at works headlights aren't working on her Punto (2000), the side lights work and the full beam works though.

Popped a new bulb in and still the same problem, checked the fuses and they are fine. Anyone any ideas what else it could be?

Feel kind of bad as I suggested getting the new bulbs :(

Cheers

i had tis with my saxoended up changing the unit any way cos the other side had a hole in it:taped: must have been a connection

Both headlights?

Could it be the stalk that's at fault? Maybe a bad connection on the final twist position on the end of it or bad wiring (highly likely!).

I have a 2000 Punto and it's been a complete PITA :)

The PAS will be the next thing to go, that's a fun one.

Guest Garfy

do the rears work? if so I wouldn't have thought its the switch.

the bulbs may get there earth from the light unit itself, so check that it is all nice and clean around where the bulb seats in.

Copy cat.

lol sorry pete,

i read you post wrong.. at first glance i thought you post was more sensible!

;)

if its any help my sisters lights had a problem like this... eneded up a wiring falt somewhere at the base of the stem on the stearing wheel..

Fiat fixed this... and managed to break the windscreen wipers in the process!

• 1 month later...
do the rears work? if so I wouldn't have thought its the switch.

the bulbs may get there earth from the light unit itself, so check that it is all nice and clean around where the bulb seats in.

Forgot to update this, Garfy was spot on, lights earth from the unit and they were manky, cleaned up lights and fixed prob.