The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Elvington RWYB dates?

wez_p

anyone know of the lineup for this year yet?

had a look on the Straightliners site but it's pretty pap & looks well out of date

looking forward to having another go at the 1/4 mile, but without torrential rain this time! and that top sspeed run ofcourse :D

• 3 weeks later...
here you go mate

http://www.straightliners.co.uk/non_java_frame.htm

car events

cheers mate, have been in touch with Trevor who organises Straightliners & the details are as follows:

RWYB Test & Tune Day - 12th March

Round 1 - 9th April

Round 2 and Scooby Shootout - 21st May

Round 3 - 2nd July

Round 4 and TOTB cars - 30th July

Round 5 - 10th Sept

You are able to turn up and race on any of the dates, but insurance requires you to be a Straightliners member for the day or for the year (awaiting confirmation of the cost of this). Last time i went it cost £25 for the day, unlimited runs.

I'm sure its this weekend dude! 8th n 9th, might take a trip up there with a couple of mates, but won't be doing a 1/4 mile run...im too scared lol only had the car a couple of weeks and knowing my luck would end up sideways into the wall :(

you're right, there is one this Sunday :D

the thing i like about Elvington is there are no walls!! just fields!

it's a great day out & i would highly recommend taking your car down, because you will change your mind!

i can't make this Sunday but am hoping to go down mext month :eyebrows:

I'll be watching.

The Team Cheapskate demo car isn't powerful enough to warrant a run. Still, a few more meat raffles and we'll be reet.

run it,go for quickest club time in stock form.

anybody know what the fastest club time on a totally stock car is?

£45 for unlimited 1/4 and top speed, bring a helmet

£45?!!! :(

surely not, that's just outrageous

if it is that price, i certainly won't be bothering :rolleyes:

Santa Pod is usually no more than about £30 including gate entrance & unlimited runs

£45?!!! :(

surely not, that's just outrageous

if it is that price, i certainly won't be bothering :rolleyes:

Sadly that's what I've been told :(

I'm not sure if it's greed or Elvington putting their prices up - I know Trevor once told me that they only break even on the car days once the site rental has been paid but £45 is asking a bit much IMO. If they charged less more people would come, they would make the same, if not more.

Spectating is a bit expensive given the lack of stuff put on, it's not as if there are stands and stuff like Santa Pod / York.

I'm hoping to watch but can't be arsed to run - £45 for unlimited 1/4 and top speed, bring a helmet.

Don't worry about hitting any walls flukey-lukey, there aren't any :)

LOL I'm sure I could would find one! :ecstatic:

Ahhh sod it, i'll take some extra dosh just in case i fancy it...depending on the whether!! :rolleyes: