The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clifford intelli-start

supradupra

I was just wondering how everyone managed with a manual car and intellistart i used to have an auto and it was no problem. With a manual it a bit risky. I talked to my local sextons (who were clueless) and the chap in there said just don't leave it in gear. He went on to say that he had it on his car which was a manual and almost put it in a pond but know he justs remembers not to park it in gear!!!!

The clifford can do the turbo timer function itself.

Can it? I thought it was an extra module?

You can fudge it where you set the remote start running time low, then press remote start before turning off the ignition, take out the keys and lock up it should keep running.

I say should as it didn't work when I tried it, but I read this somewhere.

I have intellistart without a turbo timer on the alarm (got seperate one)

You can only use intellistart if you tell it before you stop the engine when you park so it knows its not in gear.

Ok, to try and explain, when you park up you push 3 buttons in order on your key fob which will leave your car running untill you get out and arm it / lock it.

This is not a turbo timer its just a safety design. Lets face it your not going to get out of your car with it running if its in gear are you. If you don't do this when you stop or if you then unlock and relock your car it will not work.