The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AVC-R Mounting

DannoSupra

Mine is in the glovebox at the moment but it's going into the roof when I find someone to retrim my headliner to take it and the SAFC. I used to have it mounted on a Nokia phone bracker next to the dash, worked OK there but passengers used to knock it.

DCP_3915.jpg

DCP_3927.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Best install of the AVCR I remember seeing (I think :confused: ) was Justin Foden's, he had his mounted in the headlining behind the light, if memory serves me right. This is going back quite a few years, so not sure if pics are still on the forum.

How hard is it to remove the Pass Air bag? Glove out and a couple of bolts under there yeah? im sure i could use the pass airbag cover to do something

Very quick and easy if you follow these simple instructions

Instructions for Removing Passenger Side Airbag

1. Stick 2 bits of sellotape over your steering wheel airbag in a criss-cross pattern (the reason for this will become clear later).

2. Find a sturdy odject of relative mass to your Supra.

3. Drive at said object, at a speed of approx. 5mph until impact occurs.

4. Check to see if pass airbag has been removed, if not repeat steps 1 to 3, but increase speed by 5mph. Repaeat until airbag successfully removed.

WARNING: Remove sellotape from the steering wheels at arms length ;)

How hard is it to remove the Pass Air bag? Glove out and a couple of bolts under there yeah? im sure i could use the pass airbag cover to do something

Seriously, if you do remove it, just make sure you disconnect the battery first, it should then be a simple task of removing screws and disconnecting the wires.