The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New dials - getting there . . .

Bob

Well at least they're installed and readable now, but I'm still trying to get a decent spread of light behind them - I had no idea how bad the light distribution would be!

I've soldered in around 30 extra leds behind the faces, but they're normal LEDs and as such still give a 'spotty' look. I also tried a few EL panels, but the inverter noise drove me insane. So now I'm going to get a load of SMT LEDs in there; hopefully with a 140 degree light spread, they should do the trick :)

no good for that paul, if the EL panels are not cutting the mustard then I think he is right to go with broad beam LED's (IMHO)

EDIT - looking good though, thinking of going stainless for my dials next (bored of EL) - yeah I know paul - after all that hassle! lol

TBH the invertor I have from speedhut is VERY good, I havent heard a peep out of it, I dont know where you are but you are welcome to try it if you dont mind a trip to mine.

try mounting the invertor elsewhere (either far away or somewhere which is noisy anyway)