The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS S Type Intercooler

Ring Master

coolant bottle goes under the offside headlamp, crap place to put it which is why Im getting a small one sorted which can be mounted somewhere useful.

Expect to have to trim the bumper a bit to make it fit, and dont be surprised to find lots of bits of the Supra left over. You will also need to change the power steering cooling thing to the smaller one so make sure the mechanic knows what they are doing with that.

Active spoiler will also have to go, and make sure its meshed to protect the IC.

Takes about 7 hours to do.....

JB

To save any confusion...the original post was done

by Phil on my PC.........sorry PD, it had to be

said.......coz I new exactly where the radiator

bottle was relocated too.........!

JB- 7 hours ?  "S" type is a 4 hour job max,

unless you have a knock off J*C veilside kit that

doesnt fit properly, like Mark Ayling, then 7 hours

is about right 8)

set the clock running when he starts and see how long it takes, especially if you want it all lined up properly. Plenty of hacking about required and as Ash said, if he has a BOV then panic...somehow Leon got my Blitz bov and pipe to all line up with the s-type pipework, not sure how but its certainly the original Blitz pipe straight on to the manifold.

BTW, I have one of the expansion tanks from MVP motorsports coming across, along with a BruceN top rad plate so we can see how nicely those items work and decide what to do from there...

JB

Cheers guys.

He's coming round at 2.30 so lets hope it's not a 7 hour job!

No external BOV so not a worry there, and I'm going to try and get my bumper off and remove the active spoiler before he gets here to save him some time.

I was a bit worried doing it the day before Trax so if you see a white BMW on the Supra stand and a grumpy looking tired bloke you'll know its me!

The Subaru guy has bottled it, but not before I had the headlights out and most of the bumper off.

It's going to Leon's later in the week now to be fitted, which I'm happier about anyway really, and he's going to change my cam belt at the same time.

Only 40k miles but it's always nice to have it done and my warranty runs out next month :)

FMIC would have been nice for Trax but what can you do.

Thanks for the advice anyway and I'll hopefully see a few of you tomorrow.

Cheers,