The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£1k Shopping Spree

Guest Crazy A 64

Guest Crazy A 64

Hi guys 'n' gals

Just at the tail end of selling my old car on e-bay. atm it looks certain to go for at least 1K.

A guy at work is pushing about 280bhp out of his Astra Turbo Coupe and this scares me a bit in my soon to be, freshly imported, 1993 3ltr NA Supe. So to conclude... Na Supra+£1K needs to = Astra whooping! Any idea as to where to start? Engine is all stock atm.

Oh, still too young for a turbo too :help:

Cheers

Guest Crazy A 64

Okay, but if I'm gonna go out I'll go fighting ;)

We're gonna go up to the Pod im May for a head to head. Should be a good benchmark for me too.

Any suggestions at all to make the defeat look a little less embarrasing? lol

Guest Crazy A 64

Mines a Manual.

Stripping 300kgs sounds quite tricky for one day at the drag... I might take the spare wheel out... and maybe wear no socks for the day ;)

Guest Crazy A 64

Not sure which day we're heading up there, the Rumble's normally pretty packed. Might just do a normal RWYB day, still undecided.

I'll keep you posted. 2 seconds to lose in a month... oh deary me!

For a grand i would say nitrous but this scares insurance companies as much as turbos do.

Rays the roof has nitrous in his car and he ran 14 seconds dead at santa pod today, he has a lardy n/a aerotop with 18" rims and still had the full sound install in so he could probably get in to the high 13's.

Ray did 14 dead! Wow nice one. That's a considerable improvement on his previous times isnt it? That also makes him the fastest N/A on the forum doesnt it?

His previous best was 15.6 i think, you should have seen his face, he was like a kid at christmas.

I said to him that next time he should strip the car and run my uk wheels to see if he can hit the 13's :eyebrows:

Guest dee_rz

for 1 k you'll need nitrous to beat him, with 280bhp in his astra he'll do around a 14.0, i did a 13.6@ 106 in my 326.6bhp fwd civic type r with quaife lsd fitted, he'll struggle to get power down, guessing the astra knowing vauxhall won't have an lsd, he'll get low 14's maybe 14.0ish at best i'm guessing @100ishmph