The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new front wipers needed...

chilli

just been out and washed the car, noticed the drivers side wiper blade has become a bit detatched for a few centimeters, it must have split very recently.

Anyway I was all set to pop down halfrauds to get some bosch ones with the spoilers. I did a quick search and realised the oem ones are pricey and that the ones I have are actually the piaa silicone c/f look jobbies - so I don't really want to downgrade to the halfrauds ones now. They worked well before and looked good (not normally a huge fan of c/f look, but these were ok).

So, anyone know the best way (cheapest / fastest) to get a replacement set? Anyone know how much they are roughly (couldn't find details after a quick search). cheers :)

Chilli boy.. I think I have the same wipers and also posted up the question of where I could source a new pair from. Also was wanting one for the rear screen now also.

Let me know if you find anywhere, as someone must supply them. I wil keep looking also.

Cheers.

hey no problems :)

I've just noticed that PRI Racing also sell just the PIAA silicone wiper blade inserts on there own (without the carrier). If, like me you already have the carrier and it's in good condition then it's quite a bit cheaper just to change the blades

http://www.priracing.co.uk/section.php?xSec=39&jssCart=8a0fcfa3dc33f892cea16221c3ba6207

I'll be ordering those up I think.

They do the full blade and carrier too of course, if you need the whole thing.

Got the wipers back. Very good quality, but the damn passenger side wiper needs to be a curved one, as half of the sodding thing is away from the window.

Going to have to send one back to change now :(

What size are the standard wipers on the model (both fronts and rear)? I think they are 21" and 20" but wondering if there is a trick for the passenger side one to get it to curve towards the screen at the end of the screen.