The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics from TX2k6

bromy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the red supra, just turbo and engine.....simple ;) so clean and neat

Also i was looking at the dyno results and is it just me or do all american cars produce more bhp than us?? i know its worked out slightly different and they have better fuel but its like with some of the 300zx's they have a few over 1000 bhp running a pair of turbo which simply cannot produce that amount of BHP?? and i see from on there a few specs running over 1000rwhp with a turbo which wont produce that amount??

Got to admit though they are miles ahead of us and when you look at the work thats gone into alot of them :)

prob the same as we do

US BHP = BS :D

I dont think US BHP figures are way out, time and distance figures are universal i.e 1/4 mile times, when you consider the calder supra is some 1200bhp and runs in the 9's, some of these guys are running in the 8's, so there bhp figures cant be that far out

No doubt they have some serious power but US BHP is worked out completely different to our BHP. It has alot more of a correction than ours therefore is alot higher. Good dyno's like Abbey Motorsport can work out both. A 700 bhp car here could be as much as 900 - 1000 bhp there.

Dont get me wrong i have major respect to anyone who can tune a car to over 600 rwhp as its alot harder than people think and to make it reliable is even harder. I thought the calder supra was running the T51 turbo which if it was the SPL is only rated to about 900-950 bhp so again i think 1200-1300 bhp is a little optimistic but no doubting how quick it is.

I also think alot of the probems over here is our 1/4 mile tracks are not prepared well enough but in the US there very well prepared.

What i just cant understand and i would like someone to point it out to me is when i manufacturer like HKS says how much power and boost the turbo can produce, that is its max which i presume will have been done on a bench test but i seriously doubt if any cars could produce the same power and boost from that turbo as its got different loads on it?

Also before it starts looking like a huge book ;) there was a car linked a few days ago saying it had well over 1000 rwhp and had 1000cc injectors which is not possible?? i know NOS is also used but still??

Like i say this is not a bash at any of those figures and being a car lover and jap car owner i take my hat off to anyone who takes the tuning to that level but its like the cars in japan they come over here with BIG names/Times/BHP but there never produced over here??

Mike

Dont get me wrong i have major respect to anyone who can tune a car to over 600 rwhp as its alot harder than people think and to make it reliable is even harder. I thought the calder supra was running the T51 turbo which if it was the SPL is only rated to about 900-950 bhp so again i think 1200-1300 bhp is a little optimistic but no doubting how quick it is.

I also think alot of the probems over here is our 1/4 mile tracks are not prepared well enough but in the US there very well prepared.:yeahthat:

What i just cant understand and i would like someone to point it out to me is when i manufacturer like HKS says how much power and boost the turbo can produce, that is its max which i presume will have been done on a bench test but i seriously doubt if any cars could produce the same power and boost from that turbo as its got different loads on it?

Also before it starts looking like a huge book ;) there was a car linked a few days ago saying it had well over 1000 rwhp and had 1000cc injectors which is not possible?? i know NOS is also used but still??

Like i say this is not a bash at any of those figures and being a car lover and jap car owner i take my hat off to anyone who takes the tuning to that level but its like the cars in japan they come over here with BIG names/Times/BHP but there never produced over here??

Mike

think the calder car is approx 1000hp then it runs 200 shot of NOS to get that power figure,dont quote me on that though.

LOL

tbh what ever my car produces when i get my new ECU mapped i will be happy with and if i get 600 rwhp i will be made up but its what it does on the 1/4 mile which is a true reflection of how much power and torque the car has and when you look at a car going down in sub 10s its as much to do with the driver as well so the likes of Dee and Keith cowie etc i have BIG respect to.

on a lighter note this year should be a great year for racing in this country and i expect the likes of Keith to be knocking on the mid 8's which will be a great achievement bearing in mind he is a plumber and pays for it all himself and i'm sure the new norris evo will get close to the 8's as well and lastly the duke R33 which is a low 8 second car is here as well :D

Mike

LOL

tbh what ever my car produces when i get my new ECU mapped i will be happy with and if i get 600 rwhp i will be made up but its what it does on the 1/4 mile which is a true reflection of how much power and torque the car has and when you look at a car going down in sub 10s its as much to do with the driver as well so the likes of Dee and Keith cowie etc i have BIG respect to.

on a lighter note this year should be a great year for racing in this country and i expect the likes of Keith to be knocking on the mid 8's which will be a great achievement bearing in mind he is a plumber and pays for it all himself and i'm sure the new norris evo will get close to the 8's as well and lastly the duke R33 which is a low 8 second car is here as well :D

Mike

what about all the sponsors did you forget them.he must be making a fortune selling cups and tshirts.how sad is that wearing a t shirt paying for it and giving him free advertising.he knows how to blow his own trumpet.lots of other people like crd just get on and do it same as rocket ron.

what about all the sponsors did you forget them.he must be making a fortune selling cups and tshirts.how sad is that wearing a t shirt paying for it and giving him free advertising.he knows how to blow his own trumpet.lots of other people like crd just get on and do it same as rocket ron.

hang on a minute, yes i have spoken to Keith a few times and yes he gets his labour cheaper from a UK tuner but all the stuff he buys for his car are from his own pocket and yes he sells t-shirts mainly to fund the race fuel and petrol to get there??

crd are a tuning company and the supra is their project car and i'm sure they can put alot of its development and parts etc down to tax etc and i believe ronnies car has been rebuilt and will be running again this year. I'm not knocking them i think its great we are now getting to a stage where we are competing with the US and Japan.

i only mentioned Keith because what he achieved last year was amazing and hope he can do it again :)