The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hmmm weeiiirrdd

Guest Flat4_ire

Guest Flat4_ire

right guys, ya know my 6speed jspec, pretty much standard power wise at the moment, waitin on one last part of the BPU..anyway, the car has no fcd fitted cos i checked but it will boost to 1.2bar with no fuel cut! i have a blitz boost controller, is there some kind of fcd device built-in the blitz boost controllers or what do you reckon the story is on this one?

cheers people

Tony!

Guest Flat4_ire
There is no FCD on the Blitz controllers as far as I know, poss been fitted by previous owner?????

yeah but ive checked under the passenger side footwell though where the ecu is etc etc, no fcd

Guest Flat4_ire
mine would fuel cut at 1.2 when the garage swapped my exaust and took out the catts without me knowing

lol, emm ok but mine has the 2 cats in place at the moment, funny one this, its just that im going bpu next week with CW double decats, walbro etc and i wanna know if there is any point in fitting the THOR FCD that i have here? wheres the techie heads when you need em!??:tongue:

lol, emm ok but mine has the 2 cats in place at the moment, funny one this, its just that im going bpu next week with CW double decats, walbro etc and i wanna know if there is any point in fitting the THOR FCD that i have here? wheres the techie heads when you need em!??:tongue:

As said check that you have a standard Toyota ECU, some Japanese manufacturers sold aftermarket ECU which were basically a stock ECU with a modified map and electronics to remove fuel and speed cut. Is there a brand name other than Toyota on your ECU?

It could be that your boost reading is out, but 0.2bar out is a lot, I get a 0.05bar difference between my boost controller and boost gauge for example.

Running at 1.2bar with both cats still fitted is a very bad idea, as you'll see VERY high exhaust gas temps due to the restriction, do you have an EGT gauge fitted?

Guest Flat4_ire
As said check that you have a standard Toyota ECU, some Japanese manufacturers sold aftermarket ECU which were basically a stock ECU with a modified map and electronics to remove fuel and speed cut. Is there a brand name other than Toyota on your ECU?

It could be that your boost reading is out, but 0.2bar out is a lot, I get a 0.05bar difference between my boost controller and boost gauge for example.

Running at 1.2bar with both cats still fitted is a very bad idea, as you'll see VERY high exhaust gas temps due to the restriction, do you have an EGT gauge fitted?

yeah il check again later, i dont run it at 1.2bar, just tried to see what the story was, normally have it in and around bar max..BPU buzz is next week anyway as i have all the parts here already for the past 3 weeks, just waiting on the blitz nur spec to arrive..