The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what the hell is a a steering rack gator and is it gonna be exspensive?

Whitesupraboy2

45535-24030 steering rack boot one

45535-14070 steering rack boot two

Probably not too expensive. You'll have to take the track rod end off to replace them, though. Still a DIY job, mind you.

Having to pay a garage to do it for a free restest. Only a free retest if they do the work. So £40 for an MOT. cant imagine it be much more for the labour so they may as well do it!

I take it each boot is one for each end or do i need both:?

thanks for part numbers :thumbs:

Well, if only one has split its up to you to deide whethe ryou want them to change both. Chances are if one has gone the other won't be far behind, but obviously it'll cost you twice as much!

If you only have one done, make sure you get the correct side (and before you ask I don't know which is which, but Toyota can tell you).

ordered from toyota £12.50 for one :D so at that price i ordered 2! (one for each side obviously) thanks for your help. Part No spot on for a NA as well.

Labour wise guy says it will take around an hour to fit. Been having chat with him he owns one of those light blue limited edition suburu's he knew he would own me :(