The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shocks.... what ones?

monkey76364

ok some help please....

What are best standard shocks and springs or aftermarket ones ???

How do I know which need to be changed or if the springs are ok ect....???

I think the ones on my N/A are going to have to be swaped over soon, and I just want to see what options I will have.

What are the prices like???

I have also had a quick look at how to fit and they dont seem too bad, but be honest is it a hard job to do ???:blink:

So any info would be great :D

Not sure on prices, but I changed rear shocks last year, took me about 3 hrs for both sides and in the dark.

Not too bad a job, hardest part was removing rear shock from lower supension arm as I did not disconnect anti roll bar.

Dont know about front, not done them yet.

yellow billies are under £400 if you get them from Nic i think.

:thanks: :superman:

Correct, I can supply a set of Bilstein dampers to your door for less than £400 a set. These are one of the best dampers available for the Supra.

If you want height and damping adjustablity then the Tein Supper Streets are a good choice and good value for money too, see details and prices HERE

I have a set of Koni shocks and Bilstein springs for sale! and they are virtually new with only a few kn's on them....

The last owner used this setup at trackdays with very good results but they still retain very good ride confort as well....;)

Pm me if interested....

Stu

I got the TEIN Super Street full coilover set-up, £658 and makes the car ride like a dream, might be a little hard for some, but its a great set-up.

do you not also have the luxury of adjusting the damping force now though, as well as the ride height if it's a bit hard?

how much do the Bilsteins work out at :rolleyes:

i got a set of almost spanking new, (

they have to come off mine because with the TRD kit/wider wheels im getting some arch rubbing, otherwise they'd be staying because theyre an excellent set up.

...im going with JIC FLT A2's because theyre the best adjustables as far as i know.