PDA

View Full Version : Basinggstoke meet

cainhead
16-03-06, 21:54
Just gauging interest on another Basingstoke meet. Maybe a weekend this time and bit more of a drive.

All ideas welcome:idea:

Gaz6002
16-03-06, 22:07
I WILL be at this one! had to cancel last time due to a sick girlfriend.

Should have the supra back on the road next week :D

1.Cainhead
2.Gaz6002
3. ...

LeeT
16-03-06, 22:35
i'll say yes for now but it might coincide with my 6 speed conversion
1.Cainhead
2.Gaz6002
3.LeeTT

cainhead
16-03-06, 22:51
Hey Gaz, hows the car now, all back on the road.

So what we thinking location wise.

mr lover
16-03-06, 23:00
depending when, i will come along

Gaz6002
16-03-06, 23:08
not back on the road as yet - should be late next week im hoping. how about fleet services??? been 2 a few meets there...

cainhead
16-03-06, 23:28
Fleet services sounds good, what about Sunday 2nd April or 9th.

BTW any one from these parts going to the oxfordshire meet this weekend?

Gaz6002
16-03-06, 23:37
either one of those dates is good for me, lets get it organised! maybe we can get some of the London guys down the M3 as well?

cainhead
16-03-06, 23:55
ok well lets do the 9th and give people time to organize.
Can you stick it on the calendar.

Gaz6002
17-03-06, 00:20
I think we need a mods approval? not sure on the laws here, im new!

cainhead
17-03-06, 00:26
ok man, no worries will just keep it on this thread for now. I'll pm one of the mods to see what the deal is.

Homer
17-03-06, 00:42
ok man, no worries will just keep it on this thread for now. I'll pm one of the mods to see what the deal is.

You don't normally need a mods approval to arrange a meet.

I may be interested, but isn't fleet services next to slow dogs garage? Will he be showing up? Only reason I ask is to avoid any potential conflict on the day.

cainhead
17-03-06, 00:54
Cool cheers for that homer, not sure about slow dog though.

Schtuv
17-03-06, 10:06
I'll try to be there!

LeeT
17-03-06, 10:15

I may be interested, but isn't fleet services next to slow dogs garage? Will he be showing up? Only reason I ask is to avoid any potential conflict on the day.
fleet services is nowhere near slowdogs garage. fleet is east bound somewhere up by junction 4

Gaz6002
29-03-06, 11:22
Right, are we gonna set this up then? Got the supra back now :)

NEO
29-03-06, 19:37
Count me in as well as just round the corner from me. What time is everyone planning on meeting up at the Fleet services on the 9th April and which side of the services are we meeting up, London bound or Basingstoke bound services? :search:

Gaz6002
30-03-06, 10:28
I reckon Basingstoke bound services, the car parks bigger and theres better food lol

Meet at say 2:30PM??? what does everyone else think?

NEO
30-03-06, 12:47
Sounds good to me, see you all then. ;)

Ark
01-04-06, 12:40
I'll be up for this.
What's the plan for afterwards?

Gaz6002
01-04-06, 12:44
I reckon we have to go for a drive somewhere, but i'm open to ideas? I suggested the A30 from Winchester to B'stoke last time but this time we are the other side of town, so i'm not too sure. the A30 going the other way used to be fun, but now its mostly single carriageway although there are a few good dual bits.

rolli
01-04-06, 17:27
I should be able to make it.See you all there

squiffy
01-04-06, 20:54
if i get mine back together in time i will try and get there!

CJ
05-04-06, 11:49
I may be able to make this as Joshy is not up this weekend.

Gaz6002
06-04-06, 17:46
I will be there, but in a Blue Golf R32 as the supra is currently off the road awaiting a revamp

cainhead
09-04-06, 03:01
do we have a time for this meet, how about 2pm. Westbound side of the services. Suggestions for a drive when we get there, but i know a few good pubs round this way, if thats what people fancy!:burp:

Suprash
09-04-06, 07:51
How did I miss this......... :(

Just finished my night shift and need to go home for some beauty sleep, I might get up for it and meet up with you guys but doubt it as I have something far more important then you guys ;) on tomorrow and would rather get some good sleep today.......

Andrew, did you forget to mention this to me........ :search:

CJ
09-04-06, 12:51
Not going to get there today guys - sorry about that.

Ark
09-04-06, 14:01
Are we still on for this?

cainhead
09-04-06, 14:21
Ash, I told about this last week, I think all them late shifts your doing have pickled you.:think:

Are we still going today everyone? Can make it a bit later if need be but im heading up in about 20 mins

CJ
10-04-06, 18:53
Did you have a good day?

Ark
11-04-06, 10:55
Yeah, it was a giggle. Bit of a blast down and past Alton...until the weather set in again...

Speaking of which, only three cars showed :(
There was a forth in the car park at the Fleet services - CIL #### I think - nicely modded with a Whifbitz nose, CF TRD bonnet, etc. We never found out who it was though...

Ark
12-04-06, 12:43
I think it might be nice if we could build this into a regular monthly meet - a different meeting point, drive and pub each time. Perhaps even grow it into an all-Hampshire event.

I suggest the first Sunday of each month (unless that clashes with something big).

Locations, times and routes to follow, depending on indicated enthusiasm.

Darryl
19-06-06, 00:38
I'm new to this .net site but know there is a lot of supra owners around and in Basingstoke. I'm in Chineham, Basingstoke. Like the idea of a regular Hampshire meet. Have you got round to organising anything? Are you planning one soon? Would be good to meet fellow supra owners.

Ark
19-06-06, 13:40
I'm new to this .net site but know there is a lot of supra owners around and in Basingstoke. I'm in Chineham, Basingstoke. Like the idea of a regular Hampshire meet. Have you got round to organising anything? Are you planning one soon? Would be good to meet fellow supra owners.

What a co-incidence - my missus just started a new job in Chineham today.
The details of this month's Hampshire meet can be found here:
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=70149

Suprash
20-06-06, 02:36

Oh dear, look who's turned up, lol, welcome mate :p

Darryl
20-06-06, 12:39
Thought it was about time to venture to 'the other side' ;)

Suprash
22-06-06, 01:53

Mate, you obviously dont have your ear on the ground, Pauls garage has long been shut, and he has now left B/Stoke from what I hear...... ;)

Max GT has ceased trading.......

Suprash
22-06-06, 01:55
if i get mine back together in time i will try and get there!

Be good if you could, you might be able to have a quick recky at my air-con, give me some pointers ;)

Suprash
22-06-06, 01:55
I may be able to make this as Joshy is not up this weekend.

Be good to see you again Col.......

CJ
22-06-06, 01:57
Be good to see you again Col.......
Alas I am now Supraless :(

Suprash
22-06-06, 01:57
Fuck this was ages ago, dunno why thought it was coming up, I'll get me coat....

Suprash
22-06-06, 01:59
Alas I am now Supraless :(

Dont worry mate, Im brainless, for getting confused and thinking this was coming up, lol.......how comes you got no Supe, and whats next ?

CJ
22-06-06, 01:59
Fuck this was ages ago, dunno why thought it was coming up, I'll get me coat....
Me too...seeing as I replied as well :(

CJ
22-06-06, 02:00
Dont worry mate, Im brainless, for getting confused and thinking this was coming up, lol.......how comes you got no Supe, and whats next ?
Well, the Blue Bullet went a week or so ago. I am not sure what comes next yet as i am waiting to see what my next career move is. If it means leaving these shores then the Supra ownership may be finished. :(

Suprash
22-06-06, 02:02
Well, the Blue Bullet went a week or so ago. I am not sure what comes next yet as i am waiting to see what my next career move is. If it means leaving these shores then the Supra ownership may be finished. :(

Leaving shores, that must be a toughy with the boy.......?

Hope all works out though for you mate ;)

CJ
22-06-06, 02:03
Leaving shores, that must be a toughy with the boy.......?

Hope all works out though for you mate ;)
Thats the hard part but he is getting older now and won't be wanting to come visit every weekend as he currently does.

cainhead
22-06-06, 02:10
Hey you two, whats the plan on this b stoke meet, would be cool to see you both. Im off to the ring on Friday, so hopefully back in time.

Col, not known you long chap but will be sad to see you go. Hope you can make it to the meet. I have just bought the do luck front to go with the rest of the bits I got off you.

Hey Ash, you back on the road I take it?

Suprash
22-06-06, 02:25
Hey you two, whats the plan on this b stoke meet, would be cool to see you both. Im off to the ring on Friday, so hopefully back in time.

Col, not known you long chap but will be sad to see you go. Hope you can make it to the meet. I have just bought the do luck front to go with the rest of the bits I got off you.

Hey Ash, you back on the road I take it?

Yes mate back on the road, this meet thread is an old one dude, from your meet back in Apr.........we need to get another one on the go........

What you going to the Ring for this weekend......

Any chance of getting that video done now Im back on the road before something else breaks, lol :D