The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RLTC. It's witchcraft I tell thee.

RedM

Thanks to mkivstore (group buy) and Envy (fitting and calibration) I now have RLTC in my car.

It's fookin brilliant. Absolutely the best thing you can do to a Supra. For the first time since I've had the car I can now pull out of wet junctions like everyone else. The little RLTC mis-fire judder and the mystical little box works out the amount of slipping the wheels are having vs my foot to the godamn floor and gives the power back in a gentle wave of traction.

I love it. Tried it on three 'arse end out' spot near my house and, on wet setting, I could not get the back end out. Even when I *cough* accidently buried my right foot in the carpet. Awesome.

If you've been umming and erring, stop it. Buy it and be astounded.

Its amazing isnt it. You will soon learn that you can adjust the settings to allow for a certain abount of drift, its amazing but be VERY careful. I allmost lost my car cause i became dependant and the RLTC was on the wrong setting! And i mean VERY almost!

Hi RedM would it be possible to ask Envy

1) which wire they spliced into for the RPM signal to RLTC (Black/White on RLTC)

I think it could be (E9-58 or A1-28 called IGNITER FEEDBACK) or (E10-16 or A3-16 called TACHO) ?

2) In the RLTC Configuration for CYLINDERS did they input 1 or 6 ?

The reason I ask is my Digital Adjuster shows very roughly 1/6 of the indicated RPM and I`m using A1-28 for my RPM signal.

Thanks in advance Milocoon

Yes, it is still connected but I switch it off. Decided not to go for lumpy gear changes on the auto but with hindsight I should have asked them to take out the 'trac off' bulb while the dash was removed.

As I understand it, the stock unit could be left on as it cuts in so late it makes no difference. RLTC has already done whats needed.

1) which wire they spliced into for the RPM signal to RLTC (Black/White on RLTC)

I think it could be (E9-58 or A1-28 called IGNITER FEEDBACK) or (E10-16 or A3-16 called TACHO) ?

The reason I ask is my Digital Adjuster shows very roughly 1/6 of the indicated RPM and I`m using A1-28 for my RPM signal.

Thanks in advance Milocoon

I'll have to ask about point one. For point two it was set to 6 cylinders.

Since I've had this supe its never felt as lively as my previous one, which never had RLTC. If it did I might still have it.:innocent:

After reading your previous thread on this subject, today I decided to turn off the standard TC. It could be me, but it did feel more lively.

Needs further testing :eyebrows:

Thanks Red M would really appreciate an answer to 1) as I am thinking of getting under the passenger dash on Saturday to sort this out once and for all.

My guess is they used E10-16 (UK/US) or A3-16 TACHO ( J-SPEC) which is a white/black wire on the ECU joined to the white/black wire on the RLTC unit, I used the recommended A1-28 red/yellow wire (or E9-58 yes thats 58 but same place as 28 on a J-Spec) according to the Racelogic Diagram !

with a software setting for 6 Cylinders.

"According to Racelogic the box for number of cylinders is ONLY used as an RPM/DIVIDER to CORRECT an RPM signal depending on WHERE the signal is obtained from. So if this was set to 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 it would have no effect on injector cuts as it is purely for RPM correction Quote from Mike Broadbent "

You have made a good decision and let someone else sort out out the fine tuning for RLTC, I feel as though I`m almost there but theres no definitive article on how to wire up a J-Spec TT yet, but I`m gonna post my final install afterwards to help out others who want to save a few quid and also learn about modern car electronics !

Cheers Mate

Thanks Red M would really appreciate an answer to 1) as I am thinking of getting under the passenger dash on Saturday to sort this out once and for all.

My guess is they used E10-16 (UK/US) or A3-16 TACHO ( J-SPEC) which is a white/black wire on the ECU joined to the white/black wire on the RLTC unit, I used the recommended A1-28 red/yellow wire (or E9-58 yes thats 58 but same place as 28 on a J-Spec) according to the Racelogic Diagram !

with a software setting for 6 Cylinders.

"According to Racelogic the box for number of cylinders is ONLY used as an RPM/DIVIDER to CORRECT an RPM signal depending on WHERE the signal is obtained from. So if this was set to 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 it would have no effect on injector cuts as it is purely for RPM correction Quote from Mike Broadbent "

You have made a good decision and let someone else sort out out the fine tuning for RLTC, I feel as though I`m almost there but theres no definitive article on how to wire up a J-Spec TT yet, but I`m gonna post my final install afterwards to help out others who want to save a few quid and also learn about modern car electronics !

Cheers Mate

milocoon,

post the question in the Envy section, they will answer it.

also not wanting to hijack, but you should also have your membership pack!!

Milocoon,

Have a look at this thread, it may not be your issue, but could be worth a try: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=54832

Alternatively, it could be that you have picked your RPM signal off one of the igniter trigger lines (IGT1 to IGT6), these will only fire a sixth as often as the feedback line (IGF), the ECU RPM output or Tacho feed.

If the system is set up correctly (receiving the correct signal) the cylinders should be set to 6.

Hope you get it sorted,

Cheers,

Matt