The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Fuel Discuss

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

15% petrol yet they only dropping the price by 2p compared to petrol. ?!?

I'd like to see them drop the price to 15% to that of petrol seeing as you're only getting 15% petrol in the mix.

why won't this new fuel work in petrol engine then ? do you tink this is due to the 20% power increase and the stock ECU's not being able to change engine timings etc?

When are these "alternative" fuels going to make the transition North :complain: Morrisons roots are in the North, so you would think they would pioneer this fuel here as there will be no competition from Tesco 99.

I couldn't seean Octane rating on that link either Jurgen - don't suppose you'd happen to know what it is going to be?

Mike

Yeah - I'm still living in full view of the testbed Morissons! Bit odd to have a UK first infront of my flat! :)

It's not worth getting too excited about yet as only 2 cars are sold with the ability to run on the corrosive fuel...

But the fact that this corrosive substance is in Tesco 99 is interesting...they must take ordinary 95UL and add this 5% bioenthanol...so long term...sill it damage your fuel system, if your car's not built to handle ethanol?

If we can move a lot of countries onto at least part renewable fuel sources then it's a good thing in my mind as we won't be held to ransom by the oil producers.

underworld - the complete opposite usually happens with demand. Same with any business product.

Either the government will add more tax to robb people blind or the fuel producers will increase the price to take advantage of the demand.

It would be great if a fuel could be developed whereby the everage joe could make himself out of everyday common elements. (The government would never allow it by the way)

From the report

"BioEthanol is produced from a wide variety of agricultural produce, including forest residue, sugar cane, sugar beet and grain, making it a totally renewable and sustainable fuel source"

followed by:

"Unlike traditional fossil fuels such as petrol and diesel, the consumption of BioEthanol E85 does not significantly raise atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide (CO2)"

Well if you start messing around with forest residue, which naturally should go back into the ground for future trees, in the quantities needed to make any difference on the planet, I'm pretty sure that would affect atmospheric level of CO2...........doh:rolleyes:

Guest Flat4_ire

the best we have over here is 95 normal unleaded! as i can not stand for this i have purchased over the past year loads of 114ron :D :D