PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Paul and Daz ....

SteveL
15-03-06, 20:47
Guy's - bit thanks for all the work you've done and helping me go single...
Can't even begin to wipe the grin off my face... its absolutely bonkers :D :D

Anyone contemplating gonig single.... just do it.... its worth every one of the pennies you'll spend :innocent:

I'll have to get some pics sorted for ya... so you can get your website updated.

uk-rich
15-03-06, 20:58
:Pics:

what size is it phr 1+, wasn't aware they did a 1+

SteveL
15-03-06, 22:10
Its what Ben at PHR has developed... follows on from the success of the stage 1 with a few tweeks. He's been very vague on exactly what has changed, due to copy-cats....

Alex
15-03-06, 22:17
Roughly it's a T61/GT35R sized turbo.

Paul Whiffin
16-03-06, 12:51
No probs mate. All part of the usual service. Glad your a happy chappy, its great fun with the single on there isn't it, the best thing is driving around scaring pedestrians with that external wastegate! Makes me crack up!

Hows your free jacket and umbrella?

I've just updated your spec on my website, don think I've missed anything off? http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/stevelsmotor.htm

Could do with that carbon spark plug cover and a nice TRD oil cap now!

That pic I've got was taken before it was finished off properly, doesn't look to bad still though eh.

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/images/stevesupraengine.jpg

Peter P
16-03-06, 13:58
Looks gr8 Paul and goes GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Steve took me for a little spin (well the rears were spinning whilst the car was approaching light speed!!!!) and i'm HOOKED well and truly! :D

Will be shifting the Skyline asap and booking mine in with you for the same treatment please m8.

When do I qualify for the umbrella then eh!! You've had nearly 5,000 from me in 2 months so far!!!!! :D :) :D :)

It's not even my car but I can't stop grinning either and wait in the bitter cold every morning now just to hear that awesome soundtrack on the short straight going to the train station!!!! :D

Top bit of kit on a top car fitted by top blokes (Steve L and I commute together and are good m8's so I know the work that was involved and the teething issues hence admiring the result Paul and Daz achieved).

See you Monday Paul for the next round!! :D

Cheers,

Pete

SteveL
16-03-06, 15:14
Yep - it a laugh just getting used to the new sounds...
Pedestrian crossings are funny ;) , as is making yourself known behind someone when they won't get out the way on the motorway :innocent:

Umbrella's on standby, - coat's still at yours :p

Details look fine mate, only other thing was the FPR and catch can - but technically thats not installed yet !

As for the carbon cover - you know me.... not going there yet :rolleyes:

As for Pete - He was still smiling this morning :eyebrows:

Paul Whiffin
16-03-06, 21:04
Looks gr8 Paul and goes GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Steve took me for a little spin (well the rears were spinning whilst the car was approaching light speed!!!!) and i'm HOOKED well and truly! :D

Will be shifting the Skyline asap and booking mine in with you for the same treatment please m8.

When do I qualify for the umbrella then eh!! You've had nearly 5,000 from me in 2 months so far!!!!! :D :) :D :)

It's not even my car but I can't stop grinning either and wait in the bitter cold every morning now just to hear that awesome soundtrack on the short straight going to the train station!!!! :D

Top bit of kit on a top car fitted by top blokes (Steve L and I commute together and are good m8's so I know the work that was involved and the teething issues hence admiring the result Paul and Daz achieved).

See you Monday Paul for the next round!! :D

Cheers,

Pete

A free TRD umbrella is available when you go above 550bhp mate!

Get that Skyline sold so we can get your properly sorted for ya, you'll be grinning even more once yours is up and running trust me, after the first time you stick the pedal to the metal you just want to do it over and over again, your time will come soon!

Paul Whiffin
16-03-06, 21:06
Yep - it a laugh just getting used to the new sounds...
Pedestrian crossings are funny ;) , as is making yourself known behind someone when they won't get out the way on the motorway :innocent:

Umbrella's on standby, - coat's still at yours :p

Details look fine mate, only other thing was the FPR and catch can - but technically thats not installed yet !

As for the carbon cover - you know me.... not going there yet :rolleyes:

As for Pete - He was still smiling this morning :eyebrows:

HID's help a bit but the noise of that external wastegate helps even more eh. Its even better when you have the pipe exiting out under the sill, makes it even louder, nice.

I'll give the coat to Peter on Monday, then you can wear it out down the pub with Peter! :D

I'm sure will be turning to the darkside very soon, otherwise he'll be left behind a bit eh!

SteveL
16-03-06, 23:12
Funny thing is, I used to like leaving the window open to hear the exhaust and DV, now it sounds event better with the window closed !!

Still getting used to all the noises... traction control is now off all the time, I know - you told me so....:)

Haven't even upped the boost yet :D

Paul Whiffin
17-03-06, 07:05
We may as well remove your trac completely then, its pretty useless now!

Have you tried it on high boost yet?

SteveL
17-03-06, 08:59
No high boost yet - gonna give it a go at the weekend...
getting up in the morning has a whole new meaning now !

Ian R
17-03-06, 09:03
That looks sweet :)

SteveL
17-03-06, 09:21
Thanks chap - its a bit of a sleeper on the outside :eyebrows:
I'll try and get some better pics this weekend - as long as it doesn't snow !

Yours is very nice too, like the rear light touch... very unusual.

Paul Whiffin
17-03-06, 12:07
No high boost yet - gonna give it a go at the weekend...
getting up in the morning has a whole new meaning now !

Turn it up and feel the power! Make sure its dry though :D

SteveL
20-03-06, 08:33
Oh boy... Sunday, slightly overcast, cool, dry + 1.5bar .....
And I though wastegates only made 1 sound .... bloody hell thats quick spooling.
Came home with sweaty palms, -2mm of tyre tread and I thinks theres something wrong with my fuel gauge !!

Anyone wondering if it's worth the expense.... YES !!!!!

Oh and aparently you get a free 'flamer kit' with it .

Obiwan
29-03-06, 02:31
Ok I finally am able to respond to this thread, lol. Through the grape vine I was directed to this site and promptly joined up to help in any way I can with tech advise, tuning info, and parts etc.

First off I wanted to say a big Thanks to Steve for all the kind words and I am glad you are enjoying the kit. I knew youd like it :)

Also thanks to Paul for doing a good job setting it all up :)

I also wanted to make a point of saying that the "obiwan + kits" are not the standard kits. They are custom kits setup and available directly through me only. Not through retailers unless they contact me directly and not through PHR directly either. I say this because people have gotten confused trying to figure out what to purchase and from whom.

The + kits are custom setup and designed towards specific applications and the turbos are massaged and trimmed accordingly and some of the kit components are changed as well.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion that was expressed to me. I look forward to communicating with board members and dont hesitate to contact me for any help!

Thanks

Ben Phillips AKA 'Obiwan'

Paul Whiffin
29-03-06, 07:53
Alright Ben,

Certainly kicks ok, Steve is a rather happy chappy!!!

I'd love to know the spec of that turbo? Or is that a guarded secret?

Cheers
Paul

SteveL
29-03-06, 13:49
Hey Ben.... good to see you on here.

Thanks to you two, I'm now the proud owner of a very nice bit of kit.
- and boy does it shift!

For anyone else's benefit, Ben was extremely helpful answering lots of questions and advising on setup. He's very patient and aims to help anyone he can.
Paul was also needed for this venture, as he's had a great deal of experience with PHR turbos in the past, so for me it was an easy task in deciding where to go and who to use....

Ben - when you coming to the UK???

Obiwan
30-03-06, 20:23
When ever Im needed :)