The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel for my N\A (Newbie ;-))

Guest wackojacko

Guest wackojacko

Put my Deposit down on a 93 N\A Supra with 70k on the Clock yesturday, picking it up next tuesday.

Just a silly question, the N/A is more than happy to run on crappy old 95ron Petrol is it not ?? I don't mind putting in the odd tank of optimax now and again, but not all the time.

My last fast car I had was a Clio172 which i had to sell for work reasons, and i've been driving a 406 2.0 Executive which has been driving me MAD through the total boringness of it !!

Loved the drive of the Sup and hope it gives me a few years of interesting commuting.

Rob/

I have a 95 N/A, it runs okay on normal Unleaded, but empty the tank and fill up with Optimax or the like and you can SERIOUSLY tell... I always fill with Optimax

If the car accelerates better on Optimax then you wont have to boot it as hard for the same performance.. Hey presto.... More MPG with Optimax :)

IMO obviously

Hey matey, welcome to the club!

i know the jap spec TT requires +97ron, ie optimax, to run properly, but not too sure on the NA.

i run a stock UK spec TT on optimax, however it was designed (correct me if im wrong) to run on 95ron. i find the optimax is better on fuel economy as compared to 95ron and s supposedly full of cleaning stuff for your engine...dont wanna open a 'can o worms' about optimax pros and cons again!

Guest wackojacko

Pics as requested, not mine i might from the garage, as i don't quite own the car yet..........

http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/is/remotemanaged/AETA77322/AETV102851_3b.jpg

http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/is/remotemanaged/AETA77322/AETV102851_2b.jpg

http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/is/remotemanaged/AETA77322/AETV102851_1b.jpg

Nice and standard apart from the zorst which is what i was looking for. Was a bit of a gamble to buy this car, have don't plenty of research and they seem to be dead reilable. Still a little scary to give up my daily driver and i intend on using the Sup everyday.

Guest wackojacko

Don't know if it has ABS i just kinda "assumed" that it did. Should be interesting trying to find out if it has. Are there really that many that don't have it ?

I'm sure it must........

thats what my mate said... Supra-ABS-Yeah course it has....

It was advertised with ABS and everything, when it didnt work we took it to lucifers and he told us, loads of em dont have it... Scary eh...

Still, should be able to tell by turning the ignition on as you should have an ABS light..

I hope it has got it, dont want to spoil your day, but dont think my mate would have got his if he knew.. Depends on how much ABS means to you..

Guest wackojacko

I dunno, but late now, i have a hefty deposit on the car.

Oh well having no ABS just makes braking hard a bit more of a challange.

Thanks for letting me know, i will check when i pick up the car.

Rob/

Guest wackojacko

It's Very much a Manuel.

Spent a while waiting for a nice manuel to appear. Don't mine the Auto thing, i just personaly think it sounds SO WRONG hearing a car such as a Supra accelerating away, and then you hear the Auto change up. It makes me cringe. I like to blimp the throttle on down shifts etc !

It's Very much a Manuel.

Spent a while waiting for a nice manuel to appear. Don't mine the Auto thing, i just personaly think it sounds SO WRONG hearing a car such as a Supra accelerating away, and then you hear the Auto change up. It makes me cringe. I like to blimp the throttle on down shifts etc !

Too true mate, that was the exact thing that put me off buying an Auto. It wasn't the drive but the sound the box makes.

Only thing is, I bought an auto anyway! :D And tbh, I don't regret it one bit!

welcome. there is quite a few N/A owners on here now.maybe the mods could give you your own section and keep all the slow cars together in 1 place. have your own section on i nearly killed a rs turbo or clio 16v not so spirited driving section.

Sounds like fighting talk to me.. :boxing:

Guess its just your perspective.. Our cars cant beat TT, TTs can beat the big singles.. BUT its still a Supra..

It's Very much a Manuel.

If you 'blimp the throttle' hard enough on an auto you'll get a down shift :D

Man I love kick-down :thumbs:

I presume you got the 5spd box ?

oh and :welcome: btw

Mike

Welcome.

I run my NA on 95 ron fuel. I had the car diag'd on the Rolling Road and found the air fuel ratios, the bhp to be spot on. Also there was absolutley no pinking / det recorded.

So 95ron is perfectly fine. The optimax does give a cleaner burn in the cylinder but as for power increase its just a placebo on the NA.

I've got a NA and have tried all the fuels I think over the last few years. It’s perfectly happy on any 95 ron. Optimax out of all of them seems to reduce the MPG the most though. Recently I've tried Sainsbury’s super and whilst there may be a very small amount of extra performance I have noticed a reduction in MPG.

performance and N/A dont go together.220hp and 1500kg and we would still not have enough power to pull skin off a rice pudding.its like all you N/A boys slowing the forum down.you really need your own section then the tt boys dont have to slow down with a N/A in outside lane getting in way of tt owners.

i will pm the mods.

performance and N/A dont go together.220hp and 1500kg and we would still not have enough power to pull skin off a rice pudding.its like all you N/A boys slowing the forum down.you really need your own section then the tt boys dont have to slow down with a N/A in outside lane getting in way of tt owners.

i will pm the mods.

:p :p

i will pm the mods.

I think us N/A-T owners should have our own section so we don't get stuck behind some slow a** TT.:p :tongue: