The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bl**dy lights!

Dave Haggas

Fitted a brand new pair of uk spec lights yesterday,drove 20miles in the rain only to find.....condensation in one of them!They have been stored indoors in the box for a week,so havent been damp.They were from Toyota.They are ordering me another new one to replace,but its the aggro of it all......:rolleyes:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

these uk spec lights are they the black ones (facelight versions)

No the UK Supra lights have chrome inners and glass lens.

All facelift Supras are Japanese models, no facelift UK/US/European Supras were ever produced.

Imo2!

But then, facelifts on a UK will make it look obviously modified to anyone who knows.. depends on what look your after dont it!

Uks look good with Glass, But my 95's gonna be Jap facelift look including the black lights..

Facelift cars are the best looking Supras, and the rarest/expensive and thats the look im after :)

I fitted some new UK spec ones and a couple of days after there was slight condensation in one, but it went and hasn't come back since. Probably just as they've been on a shelf somewhere for a long long time

My new ones did the same too - just leave them in for a couple of days, it goes away, certainly wouldn't bother ordering a new one!

Guest gzaerojon
Fitted a brand new pair of uk spec lights yesterday,drove 20miles in the rain only to find.....condensation in one of them!They have been stored indoors in the box for a week,so havent been damp.They were from Toyota.They are ordering me another new one to replace,but its the aggro of it all......:rolleyes:

make sure the bulbs are fitted in tight and they are the correct ones, as they seal up the light. if one isn't fitted correctly they will steam up

How much were they? Also you coming to the colchester meet? Would be good to see you and give the girls a chance to meet!

About £240 from Steve Manley, well worth it in my books and you can flog the old ones for an easy £100. You have to give me a ride in the new beast!

Anyone got a pic of facelight lights? The (yellow) headlights on my Sup are the only thing I don't like on it, makes the Sup look like a frog with bulging eyes imo! I was thinking about the eyelid option but was unsure....

Facelifts may be what I'm after....